Well,the Christmas madness is over,and now it's time to prepare for the New Year's eve festivities.
Right about now,I'm sure you are all wondering,"What the heck is Sling makin' for chow!"..You guys should really get out more,..but since you insist, here's the New year's eve menu:
Sling's Homemade(as in,I mix this stuff all up at home)Chili!..
1) 2 regular size cans of red beans
2) 2 regular size cans of tomato sauce
3) 2 of those little cans of tomato paste
4) A handful of Jalapeno slices
5) lots of diced red onion
6) A ferschloggin of chili powder(ferschloggin being that amount that comes out when you take the top off the jar and give it a quick upwards jerk)
7) A couple pounds o' burger
Brown the burger in a skillet(you can drain it if you like,personally,I don't feel like it).
Dump the burger and all the other stuff in the crock pot you got for Christmas.
Put it on "high"and forget about it till it bubbles,..then it's pretty much done.
For best results,you can substitute practically everything with just about anything.
...and for dessert!..
This is cool on so many levels.
1) 1 bucket "Cool Whip"topping
2)3 regular things of your favorite Yogurt,in this case,Strawberry Banana
3) 1 store bought Graham Cracker crust
Mix the Cool Whip and yogurt together really good,pour into Graham cracker crust,refrigerate till firm(usually about 4 hours,or until you can stick your finger in it and leave a hole)..
See?...No cooking skills required,and the choice of flavors is unlimited!
Also,you can eat the leftover in the mixing bowl till ya get sick!..
Happy New Year's Kid's!!