Sunday, July 30, 2006

WOMEN...CAN'T LIVE WITH 'EM,..


..can't live without 'em.

I discarded organized religion a long time ago.Not because of a lack of faith,just a constant inability to reconcile doctrine and dogma with the things I knew to be true in my heart.Still,Sundays remain a day of reflection,and introspection.

Today my thoughts turned,not to those I've loved and lost,but to those I've loved and never won.

"Jesus Sling!"..."The grass is ALWAYS greener huh?"

Well,..Yeah...I guess it is.

I'm thinkin' that this may very well be a universal experience.

Emmylou Harris and The Chieftains' "Barbara Allan"

10 Comments:

At 6:11 PM , Blogger Citymouse said...

yah yah we know!

 
At 6:55 PM , Blogger Sling said...

Sounds like you've broken a heart or two.. ;)

 
At 7:18 PM , Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

emmylou harris..when she sings i can see clear water rippling down a mountain side..she is ab-fab...and the chieftans...well, they are the best...

 
At 7:18 PM , Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

hey..whadya' mean you can't live with them...doh.....

 
At 7:31 PM , Blogger Cassandra said...

The grass is kinda brownish-yellow around here. Lack of rain, I suppose...

 
At 7:35 PM , Blogger Sling said...

Hey yellowdog granny-on my father's side,cold hearted Germans...on my Mother's side,pure-bred Hillbilly..Emmylou and the chieftains are nothing less than perfection!..and when I say you can't live wth 'em,I mean,..well,...DAMM! ;)

 
At 7:37 PM , Blogger Sling said...

joy-oh-joy-where would I be without you to restore balance in my life?..

 
At 10:10 PM , Blogger Grish said...

I don't know man. I'd much rather live with 'em than without 'em...:P

 
At 11:07 AM , Blogger Lorraine said...

Heaven knows you have good taste.

 
At 7:47 PM , Blogger Cassandra said...

I've changed again...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home