Monday, October 09, 2006

In other news,...Sewercide Bombers !!..


Well I accidentally turned on the news this morning..My bad.
Along with the birth of a healthy new bouncing baby nuclear power,the O-Town Talking Heads informed me that there is another E-Coli outbreak.This time,our lettuce is the culprit.

"Not to worry too much",bubbly Ashley of the blonde persuasion assured me,"It's the generic E-Coli,and it's only in the water!"...

HUH??...Generic?..As opposed to that higher priced,name brand bacterium??

Like,maybe I'll just Toddle my happy ass down to,"Bob's discount Bio-hazard and Typhoid repair shop",and pick me up a bushel or a peck o' that over the counter gastrointestinal wake-up call...Hey!..Maybe I'll even save enough Shekels in the process to afford that Colonoscopy I've had my eye on!...Sweet!

Not being all that fond of salad,I wasn't really concerned at first.Then it occurred to me that,while I don't think of lettuce as "food",..I'm pretty sure it's what food eats.

11 Comments:

At 6:09 PM , Blogger Lorraine said...

There is no lettuce in my applesauce cake. No spinach, either.

 
At 7:03 PM , Blogger Grish said...

Like,maybe I'll just Toddle my happy ass down to,"Bob's discount Bio-hazard and Typhoid repair shop",and pick me up a bushel or a peck o' that over the counter gastrointestinal wake-up call HAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH

We were at the store today and The Wife asked me if I wanted a salad this week. I told her I liked my intestines right were they were thank you...

 
At 8:41 PM , Blogger Sling said...

lorraine-Thank goodness your applesauce cake is always a safe harbor..
I especially like that there's no raisins or nuts to get in the way, :)

grish-Yeah,I ain't buyin' that whole "generic" thing.

 
At 9:57 PM , Blogger barista brat said...

let's see if this will actually post....

"I don't think of lettuce as "food",..I'm pretty sure it's what food eats."

thanks for the laugh. however, my keyboard which is now soaked in iced coffee does not thank you.

 
At 10:39 PM , Blogger Sling said...

B.Brat-Hey,you made it!..Glad you got some grins..sorry about the keyboard. ;)

 
At 3:50 AM , Blogger apositivepessimist said...

waiter!! I’ll have a bit of lettuce with my cup of Italian dressing.

 
At 6:28 AM , Blogger Citymouse said...

my hubbie now has an excuse not to eat anything but meat..Great post Sling!

 
At 3:03 PM , Blogger HORIZON said...

omG- is anything safe these days?? lol on your post Sling. Don't worry, l had my keyboard covered :)

 
At 7:47 AM , Blogger the rube said...

homer was right, you can't make friends with salad.

 
At 11:58 AM , Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

i feel so....unclean....i love my meat...but damn..i loves my veggies too..and i miss fresh spinach..thank goddess for canned....

 
At 10:15 AM , Blogger Allan said...

Oh man, I was so stomach-sick I'm just now catching up...now my guts hurt from laughing- "it's what food eats!" awesome!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home