Friday, September 22, 2006

Happy Autumnal Equinox!

..In case you missed it,I took this amazing photo of the Sun at the precise moment of the equinox.--->

I don't know why he looks so pissed,what with a shorter workday and all,but there it is.

We'll be celebrating at our house in traditional fashion,enjoying a meal of pickled pork hocks and mulled wine.
After which we'll snuggle in our beds and await the arrival of Nackels-the-Troll,who comes each Equinox in his goat drawn ox-cart to spirit away all the bad little boys and girls to his underworld lair,where he will use them as slaves,..or food..

EDIT: To my Bass Akwards friends in the Southern Hemisphere,Happy Spring!...or whatever..

7 Comments:

At 9:33 PM , Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

pickled pigs feet, pickled pigs knuckles etc...gag gag upchuck...no tanks..now why couldnt the dr make me give that up? fuck

 
At 1:22 AM , Blogger apositivepessimist said...

thank you...partway through it now then again where I'm at it seems its just summer nine months of the year and winter for three...dammit I have to start hair removal from the legs. I think I might torture myself and try waxing them. wheeee.

 
At 11:02 AM , Blogger Sling said...

JS-It's the Doctor's job to make sure you live a long,and miserable life.
This is why I'm glad I smoke..If I get cancer,I'll have something to give up.

apos-Don't ya just hate that annual hair removal regimen..

charlie-I took it from the roof..Not an easy task,what with that annoying fiddler guy distracting me!

 
At 4:51 PM , Blogger Lorraine said...

Me likey the equinoxy things and the solsticey things. I got engaged on one and married on another. And sometimes I get lucky and my birthday falls spang on the one you so movingly celebrate in this post. Yippee!

 
At 9:26 PM , Blogger Sling said...

lorraine-I'm diggin' the whole astronomical thing...and the birthday thing.
My birthday is Dec. 25th,
my sister, July 4th,
my brother AND father, March 12th,
oddly enough,Mom never had any kids on Labor day.

 
At 10:25 PM , Blogger Lorraine said...

No fracking way. I share a birthday with Bruce Springsteen and you share one with Jesus. How cool are we?

 
At 8:16 PM , Blogger Sling said...

babs-...lol...but more presents on mine.
:P

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home