Friday, September 08, 2006

Self Medication...


On occasion,and for reasons unknown even to myself,I fall into a mental state I like to call "pensive".It may possibly be something akin to depression,only,I don't know how to explain it,I'm not sad.
I do however,take personal inventory of choices I've made,and the directions I've taken at various crossroads in my life that have brought me to this point in time.A left turn here,a chance encounter there.Events, perfectly innocuous at the time,that had profound and irrevocable consequences.Certainly,this is true for everyone.
I love words.Their power,and influence on the human condition are undeniable.Still,when I'm in my pensive mode,only music can adequately express what I'm feeling,or bring tranquility to a turbulent psyche.

"Craigieburn Wood",..by William Coulter

7 Comments:

At 4:13 AM , Blogger Grish said...

Hope you get your second wind soon man. I sorta know what your talking about though. Sometimes I just want to sit and listen to something in an otherwise quite room. It's a sort of meditation medication...

 
At 8:00 AM , Blogger Allan said...

there's a black bar over the text! Censored?

 
At 8:02 AM , Blogger Allan said...

i didn't think that comment would take...what did you do to piss off Blooger, anyway? They seem to have it in for you...

 
At 8:11 AM , Blogger Citymouse said...

Well put

 
At 9:39 AM , Blogger Cassandra said...

I'd say you wrote that very well.
Music is our special friend.

 
At 9:41 AM , Blogger Sling said...

grish-No worries mate.Live long enough and you accumulate a few regrets.That's life."meditation medication",..damm...wish I'd said that. :)

allan-According to blgger,there are a number of issues they are working on.Quite a few,even for a beta.
I've decided to give them some time to straighten the whole thing out before I 86 this and start over.

citymouse-thanx kid!

 
At 5:58 PM , Blogger Sling said...

charlie-Yes..Yes it does.
I'm enjoying your daily accounts of amy's visit very much!
Tell her "Hi" for me.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home