Wednesday, July 11, 2007

The envelope please..

I think that most bloggers enter into this thing of ours for a variety of reasons.
Many people use it as a means of journaling their thoughts and experiences,so that there may be some tangible record of their life.
Some like to share their hobbies and interests with like minded individuals,and of course,there is always the added bonus of meeting people from other places,and differing lifestyles,so that we may come to better understand our fellow sapiens.
Personally,I started this blog with one specific purpose in mind.

I wanted to win valuable prizes...

Well,..lo and BeJeebus if I haven't garnered two such tasty plums this very week!
The fruits of countless hours of hunt-and-pecking away at the keyboard have been harvested boys and girls!

Every one's favorite Aunt,and purveyor of Bloggertown's most sought after applesauce cake,lorraine,having recently returned from a whirlwindy tour of the grand metropolis of Chicago,has bestowed upon me the coveted title of Thinking Blogger...




And Rosemary,mother of the Hat,librarian extraordinaire,and keeper of all things nostalgic,graciously granted me this most recent addition to the blogosphere's cherished accolades,..The Schmooze Award!



My cup runneth over.. :)..

While the intrinsic value of these trophies is impressive in itself,($19.95 plus S&H),it is the sentiments that accompanied their presentation that,for me, holds value beyond measure.

For that,I am most sincerely grateful.

Comes now,the time to pass all the benefits and considerations of this bounty along to five other deserving souls.
Honestly,and as I'm sure you are all aware,there is not a single person on my sidebar that doesn't qualify for each of these awards.

I've done the legwork,and I'm convinced that all my blog buddies have already received their well deserved Thinking Blogger status,and have more than likely passed them on to each of their own choice.
I'd like to take this opportunity to confer upon each of you,the distinctive "Oak Leaf Cluster"(signifying having received more than one),by way of recognition.I think this is appropriate.
There are however,some few among you that have yet to earn your Schmooze awards.

I'll attempt to rectify that.

  • Auld Hat-..Old friend.I am forever delighted with your ability to make me feel as though we are the only people in the room,sharing an inside confidence,and toasting to all the good times,past and future.You are,quite simply,phenomenal.
  • The Rube-..Well it's not all glamour and excitement,is it my friend?..Sometimes it's bicycles,and beer cans,and quadrupeds.I have yet to read one of your posts where I didn't think to myself,"Yeah!..It's just like that!"..Schmooze Deluxe!

  • Monica-..If there is a situation,however innocuous or mundane,that you can't transform into a riotous good time,then I just can't call it.From an ordinary bus ride,to a pantry that would make Mother Hubbard go "damm..",your account of the experience is a joy to behold.You make me want to be reincarnated as a young black chick.

  • allan-..If I had my 'druthers,I'd 'druther be hitchin' a ride to the Mississippi River,signing on with some rusty barge,and cruising the length and breadth of the Ol' Miss,pickin' git fiddles,and swapping lies with you buddy.The adventures we've had in my mind are legendary.
  • lorraine-..Oh,..you thought you were gonna get away Scott free?..I think not...You know,..I actually get angry when I read some of the crap that finds it's way into the printed media,because there is no way it holds a candle to your style,or your delivery,or the way you make everyone feel as though they were welcome to sit and break bread at your table...You are a treasure.

The keyword here is "Schmooze" my friends.
I take that to mean the ability to draw in the listener,and make them an active part of the story.
I fully expect those I've selected to choose equally deserving members to join the fraternity..(and don't give me any o' that PC sorority crap!).. ;)

..peace out.

Labels:

15 Comments:

At 9:41 PM , Blogger Lorraine said...

Ok, seriously. Tears. In. My. Eyes.
That was one of the sweetest damn things anyone has said to me and I am so putting it in my journal. And then, of course, putting my Schmoozey on the mantel.

You're the best, Sling. You know I mean it.

 
At 9:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

No idea how anyone could top that. This post, much like your famous cocktails, leaves me feeling giddy and loved. I'm squinching you to bits!

 
At 10:02 PM , Blogger Danielle said...

I have to agree with you 100% on Monica. She had me with Shug's Shack with a male stripper in a zoot suit. Your delivery is truly touching. The Blogosphere can be superficial at times but you have proven that our "virtual" connections are tangible.

As always...

 
At 8:50 AM , Blogger booda baby said...

You and Hat must have enrolled in a College of Higher Bestowal. And graduated with honors. And then had to share commencement address duties at the podium. Not since the Wizard of Oz have prizes and/or nominations been handed out with such - well, I'd say aplomb, but I forget what that means. With such spine-tingly, heart-swelling coolness.

I don't think that's what aplomb means at all.

Excellent, excellent.

 
At 9:08 AM , Blogger Traveling Matt said...

this is funny. I wrote a blog gushing about people I like. then i read this and was about to go back and gush more specifically about people but instead I will bestow upon you this compliment/ gush here on your blog: I can't think of another blogger I would rather drink and talk about randomness with on the porch while laughing my ass off for no particular reason. Thanks for the Schmoozey!

 
At 10:29 AM , Blogger rosemary said...

Some days, sling, you are perfect...other days....well, you are even better.

 
At 12:22 PM , Blogger Allan said...

Aw, shucks. Thanks much, I gotta admit the life of a Mississippi barge-rat looks pretty good at times, 'specially the way you say it.

 
At 12:48 PM , Blogger the rube said...

i'm speechless.

well that lasted 5 seconds, i have my speech back.

i've always thought it's better to have schmoozed and lost than to have never schmoozed at all.

as bartels and james said, thank you for your support.

 
At 7:17 PM , Blogger Sling said...

lorraine-Well it's just the truth after all..and how is it you still have room on your mantle. ;)

Hat-My bits thank you!

danielle-Shug's shack!..That was one of my faves. :)

monica-You are most welcome for the schmoozy kid.
Pass me a beer.

Rosemary-Thanks for giving me the award hon.It presented a great opprtunty to acknowledge some fine bloggers. :)

allan-When I grow up,I wanna be a barge rat.

ruby-See!..Qouting the masters..That's what I'm talkin' about right there!

 
At 7:44 PM , Blogger Sling said...

booda baby-Crap!..I missed you the first time around.
the Hat and I both possess aplomb...Hers is earned,mine I got at a yard sale here in O-Town.
Thanx for visiting! :)

 
At 1:43 AM , Blogger more cowbell said...

Hey,I am loving the Oak Leaf Cluster idea! (Did you get one for your Good Conduct ribbon? No? Oh well. There's always marksmanship.)

Congrats on being a double winner! And excellent choices in your bestowals, truly. Great comments here.

 
At 7:55 PM , Blogger CS said...

Oh rats - and here I was all ready to launch into you about using the word fraternity. I'll guess I'll just leave it at congratualtions!

 
At 8:42 PM , Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

schmooze huh?...I could win the bullshitting award hands down...but I'm not much of a schmoozer...

 
At 8:52 PM , Blogger Sling said...

Yellowdog G.-I just don't think anyone could compete with you in the bullshitting dept. doll. :)

 
At 2:38 AM , Blogger Middle Child said...

You are just such a popular guy...hmmmm take care

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home