Thursday, March 25, 2010

Not another political rant..

Don't get me wrong..
I'm not done enumerating all the possible permutations of gobsmackery the Republiscams and their post-lobotomized teabag ladies-and-gentlemen can devise in their most self-satisfied wet dreams,..It's just that over the past few days,their adolescent antics have temporarily anesthetized my ability to proffer all but the most basic,and succinct observation..

Fuck..Me..Runnin!'.

Stymied,as I was,at what logical course of action to pursue under these surrealistic circumstances,I concluded that there was only one desperate solution to my 'What-in-the-name-of-holy crap-motivates these incredible idiots?' dillema.

BARBECUE!..

Our illustrious team leader,Joe,patiently monitors the progress of  the tri-tips,and skinless chicken breasts..



A thing of beauty is a joy forever!



The Partner does his carnivorous happy dance!..


Peair (L),..John (R),..and myself (not pictured),stand aside while everyone else does all the work.


My plan is to marry the lovely Melissa (L),..have her babies,..and wind up the respondent in a messy divorce over my torrid affair with Tina (R).
..But I haven't yet worked out all the details.


You can't buy this in stores!


It's Thursday,..and life is fat and happy in Sling's Domain.

Labels:

15 Comments:

At 5:55 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry for the drool. I'll wipe it up in a moment.

I'm usually not referring to food when I say that.

 
At 6:12 PM , Blogger Sling said...

JP- Dude..The tri-tips marinated all night in the most succulent combination of herbs and spices,..not to mention the citrusy goodnes of those boneless breasts of,..we're still talking about food,right?

 
At 8:26 AM , Blogger sageweb said...

I love that Palin bumper sticker.. it makes me giggle out loud...good luck having her babies..

 
At 9:35 AM , Blogger Random Thinker said...

Looks delicious and looks like good company too.

 
At 9:37 AM , Blogger booda baby said...

Maybe if I believed in the Rapture, I'd vote for Sarah Palin too, because I'd like to see a realllllly BIG mess we'd be delivered from. And then I wouldn't have to do anything at all to change things, just barbecue the days away.

 
At 10:47 AM , Blogger Sling said...

Sage- I got a grin out of it too. :)

Thinker- It was sooo good!
Peair(actually pronounced Pierre)used a marinade on the chicken that had tequila in it..Really.

Booda Babe- I'd like to believe in the rapture..I could really use the peace and quiet once everyone is gone.

 
At 1:47 PM , Blogger secret agent woman said...

That would explain a lot.

 
At 2:15 PM , Blogger Mom said...

I'd much rather talk about food than politics these days.

 
At 3:10 PM , Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

Yep, sometimes all you can do is barbecue. Seems like the logical (not to mention yummy!) solution. :)

 
At 8:14 AM , Blogger billy pilgrim said...

now i'm hungry.

 
At 5:53 PM , Blogger Citymouse said...

My very good friend Steve who passed away almost a year ago use to look at my 5 year old daughter and say "There goes my 5th wife"... your post reminded me of that!

 
At 7:43 PM , Blogger Middle Child said...

Whhha Citymouse - what is she sayin' not accusing you of cradle snatching is she????

Thats a nifty looking barbeque puts my rusty thingie to shame - dinner looks great although I am a very well done to a crisp type of gal... apart from that bellisimo!

I should know more about Sarah Palin - but thats like saying you should know more about Wilson Ironbar Tuckey - I guess

 
At 9:26 AM , Blogger Shrinky said...

I'm jealous. What is it with you guys and your BBQ's? It's always so much BETTER than ours (pout).. ah well, at least we have our Sunday roasts - sigh.

 
At 10:02 AM , Blogger Sling said...

Rainey- ..and the leftovers were just as good the next day!

Secret Agent Woman- Which part?..
You know how hard I work at not making any sense. ;)

Mom- I thought it was time to give my brain,and my stomache a break.

Miss HP- You know the old saying..'When the going gets tough,the tough gorge themselves on great quantities of beef,chicken,baked beans,potato salad,fresh greens with poppyseed dressing,and soft drinks because you're at work and can't drink beer'.

Billy P.- Too late..All that's left are the memories. :)

Mouse- Hi Mouse! :)
My marriage/affair plan has run into a tiny snag..They don't wanna.

Middle Child- Sometimes,it seems like the nut jobs here are taking over the whole world.
The fact you don't know who she is,is most encouraging!

Shrinkey- We have an unfair advantage,in that BBQ was invented here.(That may or may not be true,but we're claiming it anyway)
You guys came up with London Broil though! :)

 
At 10:40 AM , Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

holy shit..my comment got ate..feck
well, here goes again..after judging the last bbq cook off i have decided to try and come up with a bbq sauce tasting douche..i could make a million trillion dollars.and everyone would be soo happy.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home