Thursday, February 11, 2010

If you want,we can dump the kids off at school on the way..

Joe the Boss- 'I need you guys to go to Gridley,and pick up a load of refrigerators to dump off at Holbrook's Appliance Store in O-Town'.

On the road..

Sling- 'Loading and unloading is gonna be a bitch'.

The Partner- 'Loading them will be,but Joe said to just dump them off'.

Sling- 'I don't think that's what he meant..Don't we have to arrange them nicely somehow?'

The Partner- 'Nope..Joe said it's all arranged'.

Sling- 'Okay fine'.

..At Holbrooks.

The Partner- 'We brought y'all a load of refrigerators from Housing Authority..Where d'ya want 'em?'

Holbrooks Guy- 'Uhh..Oh yeah..Just dump 'em over there'.

Did I mention,we have an actual dump truck?..



Holbrooks Guy was totally cool,..and even laughed about it!.
By the time we arrived with our second load,he had three of his crew out there with hand trucks to help properly unload them.

It's Thursday,..and this was the most fun I had all week,in Sling's Domain.

Labels:

17 Comments:

At 6:26 PM , Blogger Elizabeth said...

HA HA AH HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You made my week too.

 
At 10:13 PM , Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

remind me not to ask you to help me move my furniture..

 
At 7:52 AM , Blogger billy pilgrim said...

holy christ! there are children in africa with no fridges.

 
At 8:41 AM , Blogger booda baby said...

For the itsy bitsy skiiers who hang out on ice cube rinks, that was like an avalanche. You think their Olympics is starting, too?

And this was pretty fun in any domain.

 
At 9:48 AM , Blogger Sling said...

Elizabeth- It was great!..I wish I'd sold tickets.

Yellerdawg- Oh,..I would have reminded you about that anyway.

Billy P.- Such a waste,I know..I was more fortunate as a child.
My parents gave me an abandoned refrigerator for my 5th birthday.

Booda Babe- 'For the itsy bitsy skiers who hang out on ice cube rinks, that was like an avalanche'..You MUST animate that! :)

 
At 11:01 AM , Blogger rosemary said...

the best part.....the drive off.

 
At 12:03 PM , Blogger Jan said...

I love it. We all would like to take people literally.

 
At 4:56 PM , Blogger Mom said...

oh my

 
At 6:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

HILLLLL- arious! Haha.....

 
At 5:11 AM , Blogger secret agent woman said...

That is too funny. Boys never grow up, do they?

 
At 11:18 AM , Blogger Sling said...

Rosemary- It was a glorious mess!

Jan- It would make things a little more interesting.

Mom- ..an eloquent assessment!

Anonymous- :)

Secret Agent Woman- I have to admit,I only tried once to talk him out of it..If he was willing to go for it,I was willing to film it.

 
At 12:29 PM , Blogger Random Thinker said...

Be careful what you say to a man with a dump truck and an itchy trigger finger.

 
At 2:13 PM , Blogger Willym said...

Hey you took the man at his word! Love it...

 
At 7:44 PM , Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

Um, really?!?! Aren't people going to buy those fridges, or am I missing something? *LOL*

 
At 7:44 PM , Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

By the way, that just looked totally cool. Still, I am wondering about the poor suckers who are buying those fridges. :)

 
At 6:59 AM , Blogger Sling said...

The fridges are all non-working.
Holbrooks likes to use whatever parts they can scavenge,and sell what's left for scrap,so they make their money either way.

 
At 9:03 PM , Blogger Middle Child said...

Nothing like actually enjoying what is meant to be work I reckon - good stuff

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home