Wednesday, January 27, 2010

'They need to stop acting like every day is election day'..

..I wish I'd said that,but I didn't.
I heard it from a commentator on one of my habitual news shows,and it sums up perfectly the machinations of both parties in Congress, (Okay,there are three parties if you count Independents,..but nobody can count on them), during the first year of the Obama administration.

Naturally,I'll be laying most of the blame for the total absence of progress on any front squarely on the Republicans,whose diametric opposition to any kind of reform anywhere is clearly nothing more than an infantile,'We got our asses kicked ,so we're gonna take our ball and go home!' response to the American people's overwhelming demand for change.

Change..Change we can believe in.
Now there's a concept that brings me to my next point.
Democrats,..what part of 'Majority' don't you pussies understand?

We had it,..the people mandated it,..and all you could think about was your next photo-op,and what impact a handful of lunatic 'tea party-ers' might have on your chances for re-election.
..You make me wanna puke!

The Health Care Bill has been butchered beyond recognition by the cowards in Congress,and the transparent influence of corporate insurance.
Where is my public option?..Well,that would force the insurance companies to give up their monopoly on health care wouldn't it?
Lord knows we,(and by 'we',..I mean Joe Lieberman), wouldn't want to risk losing all those campaign contributions from The Hartford,even though that particular part of the Bill stood the best chance of lowering costs,and providing some measure of security to a population struggling to,..you know,..LIVE!
(Don't even get me started on Nebraska Senator Nelson's blatant extortion for his 60th vote on the Health Care Bill,or the mind boggling Supreme Court decision that corporations are 'citizens'..

WTF???

If you incumbent Democrats are worried about losing seats in The House and Senate in November,..stop worrying,and let me set your minds at ease..

You.Are.Going.To!

..It's the nature of things.
Politics seeks it's own level,..and even I knew when we won the majority in 2008,that some form of balance would be restored when the mid-terms rolled around in 2010.
What really chaps my ass,is the way you've squandered a rare opportunity to genuinely effect change,for fear of political backlash from the few,at the expense of the very many voices that put you in office.

President Obama will be giving his State of the Union address tonight..
I expect it will be eloquent throughout,uplifting in well crafted moments,..and impotent in it's overall affect on the realities of the dismal state we presently find our union experiencing.
At least,..as long as our elected officials put party politics,and their own personal interests,ahead of the welfare of the people who elected them.

Labels:

16 Comments:

At 3:25 PM , Blogger sageweb said...

lets have a drinking game for the State of the Union...every time he says "change", "health care", and "taxes" we take a shot, if he mentions tea baggers..we laugh and drink the bottle

 
At 4:44 PM , Blogger secret agent woman said...

Sometimes I despair.

 
At 4:56 PM , Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

wonderful post and couldn't have said it better...you rock..the democrats make my ass hurt..pussies.

 
At 5:19 PM , Blogger Sling said...

Sage- ..We're gonna need to lay in a couple of cases.

Secret Agent Woman- I'll see your despair,and raise you disappointment,and frustration.

Yellerdawg- I don't know which is worse,..watching the minority derail the train,or my own party being too afraid to take the wheel.

 
At 5:54 PM , Blogger booda baby said...

I'm going to watch it with Sage. Oh. I can't. That's because I'm still looking for a car I can afford after the coddled insurance companies (yes, ALL of them) totaled my car and 'didn't have to' pay me enough to replace it because, obviously, the value of my car is entirely fucking sentimental.

But as you say, as we were so firmly taught, they're fellow citizens and the right to completely fuck us really must be extended to them.

(Naturally, I'm only pissed off about what affects me personally. Ha.) I'm tired of the DNC, ever since they so deftly maneuvered Hilary off the stage. I don't know why they still send me literature since I told our local head of stuff the same. I DO wish I understood a little better exactly what they were whoring themselves for, but that would take paying much more attention. I'd rather just come here and read your recaps.

 
At 8:31 PM , Blogger Mom said...

'Tis a sad frustrating situation.

 
At 8:22 AM , Blogger billy pilgrim said...

you hit the nail on the head about the photo ops. the 30 second sound bites are also a big part of their agenda.

 
At 8:27 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nelson is a disgrace to this great state.

Sorry, I didn't really get the words "great state" out with a straight face.

 
At 12:36 PM , Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

Amen, brother!!!! I couldn't have said it better myself. I am sick of the pansy Democrats that we elected into office...and of all our elected officials who cater to the wishes of corporate America.

 
At 2:16 PM , Blogger Laurent said...

Unfortunately, it seems big corporations have a bigger voice than the people and this is the undoing of democracy.

 
At 9:12 AM , Blogger Random Thinker said...

Sometimes I wonder if we're beginning to see the fall of this empire. Our elected officials can't get elected in the first place unless they are wishy washy and superficial. Then we turn around and expect character from them. I don't honestly think they have it in them.

 
At 2:28 PM , Blogger Sling said...

You know what is really stuck in my craw over the last year?..I really thought the good guys won,and that we could crawl out of the abyss of the Bush administration.
Instead,the ankle biters have been nipping incessantly at our heels,and instead of drop kicking them over the wall like the insignificant vermin they are,we've cowered under the bed..
I really just thought the good guys won.

 
At 11:55 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice dispatch and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you as your information.

 
At 2:34 PM , Blogger Sling said...

Anonymous- You're welcome..

 
At 2:14 PM , Blogger Middle Child said...

What an interesting chappie is Anonymous?

Our public health care system is terrible but still better than private hospitals which look good ...if you get really sick like having an arrest - they transfer you to public. In Australia everyone is entitled to free health care - and although the waiting lists are getting longer - illness is not the financial tragedy it is for too many uninsured in the US.

I know its about money but why, when countries like Germany and France provide free health care for all the people, why has the situation always been so bad in the US.

I don't have health insurance and neither did Don - like the bulk of Australians we had the right and privilege of being infected and injured as equals with everyone else. All Spinal patients would go to a public Spinal Unit - insured or not and they were treated alongside each other with no difference shown to them. Ambulances take you to the closest public hospital emergency place and no one asks for your insurance details - unless you are well enough to opt out and go to a private hospital.

How sad that there is so much money for other things but not enough for basic health care in the US.

I am unsure what has been going on over there - but it would be to do with money and power no doubt.

 
At 2:50 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I to but I think the collection should acquire more info then it has.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home