Monday, October 16, 2006

Sometimes,..It's Like That..


I should probably be posting something,but all I can think about right now is cold cereal.
It started shortly after I got up this morning, while I was making coffee.I looked up on top of the cabinet and there was Little Newt's stash of kaleidoscopic,vitamin fortified,pre-sweetened,bonanza of Diabetes-in-a-box breakfast fare.I made a hazy mental note,poured a cup of French roast directly into my eyes,and hurried off to work.
Still,the images of Lucky Leprechauns,Silly Rabbits,and Crunchy Ship's Captains lingered..Tuna salad and Snapple just didn't measure up to the hours of hyper-active bliss those radiant characters promised, so lunch was disappointing and unsatisfying...I needed to feel the "rush"!
I'm back home,all alone,with a gallon of milk and a cereal bowl big enough to bathe in....If I don't end up in a Coco-Pebbles induced coma,I may post something later...just not now.

11 Comments:

At 7:28 PM , Blogger Dan said...

Why do they call it cold cereal anyway? It's obviously not hot cereal (like oatmeal and such) but it's not cold either ... it's not like you're taking the damned cereal out of your freezer and eating it. It's room temperature!

So why don't they call it room temperature cereal? Why does life have to be so confusing?

 
At 7:58 PM , Blogger Sling said...

dan-Life can be confusing my friend,and yet,sometimes it can be so sweet,..and cinnamon flavored...

 
At 9:27 PM , Blogger Citymouse said...

man.. I got that monkey off my back years ago!! Dude, do you really want to start again? You know where this could lead to? pixi sticks and pez!

 
At 9:39 PM , Blogger Sling said...

Citymouse-The sad part is,seeing the look of disappointment on Little Newt's face when he discovers his Fruit Loops stash has been plundered.

 
At 10:06 PM , Blogger apositivepessimist said...

ugh I am in a sugar induced coma just picturing the cereal...but I'm sure it beats the shit out of the freaking lumpy porridge or weet-bix my mother used to make me eat. bah.

 
At 10:22 PM , Blogger Sling said...

apos-MMMM...Lumpy porridge with marshmallow bits! :)

 
At 10:48 PM , Blogger Grish said...

I occasionally swipe some of my kid's cereal. It's usually some kind of chocolate flavored cereal. (I like to add bananas to it) ~shhh

 
At 11:07 AM , Blogger Allan said...

*pokes at his gruel.sighs.*

 
At 11:15 AM , Blogger Lorraine said...

Oh, man. Cap'n Crunch. Gimme, gimme.

 
At 3:24 PM , Blogger the rube said...

i got roller coaster tycoon in a cereal box a year or two ago and drove myself nuts trying to play it.

it was a very devious marketing ploy by either the cereal company or the software company. i still can't figure out who to blame for my lost summer.

 
At 12:59 AM , Blogger HORIZON said...

Oh, l remember belting into that Captains Crunch with my older two kids when we lived in the States- l don't think a box ever got past a day!!

Your making me hungry this morning.
Now.. where is the biggest bowl l can find??
lol
Bests,

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home