Sunday, December 17, 2006

..while lorraine's away..

My dear friend evangeline was kind enough to post for me a while back when I was feeling under the weather..So,in lorraine's absence,I thought I would post a few tips for Holiday entertaining that I have gleaned from her wise and thoughtful counsel.

1) Greet your guests with a warm smile.
2) A little garland will add a festive touch to any decor.
3) Fresh baked hors d'ouvres show that you care.
4) Snacks and beverages can go quickly..Be sure to have plenty on hand.
5) Some educational toys will keep the little ones happily occupied.
6) ..Clean as you go!

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 1:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Auntie Sling -
I've been invited to a party at the last minute, what ever should I bring as a hostess gift?

 
At 1:50 PM , Blogger Sling said...

evangeline- What you bring isn't quite as important as not getting caught leaving with the good silver in your coat pockets...trust me on this one..

 
At 3:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

As if the sort of parties I attend use silverware! Too funny.

 
At 3:26 PM , Blogger Sling said...

evangela-..heh,heh...We are gonna be in SO much trouble when lorraine gets back..

 
At 4:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not as much as JP for playing my requests. Lorraine NEVER would have fallen for that one. Boy, we sure talk about her a lot. Must be luv.

 
At 4:17 PM , Blogger Sling said...

Well,..Yeah!

 
At 1:29 PM , Blogger Lorraine said...

Um, hello. Busted!


(and I love you guys, too!)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home