Saturday, December 09, 2006

I feel like dancin'..(could happen)


Supermom and legendary blogger lorraine has been doing a wonderful job with her 80's retrospectives these past few weeks.I mean,..even I have to say hey!..I kinda like that tune! (although,if quoted,I'll simply deny it and make those irritating LaLaLa sounds while covering my ears)..I know,I know,..my musical posts tend to be somewhat morose,if not downright depressing to most people.My daughter probably says it best. "Dad,your music makes me want to cut my wrists!".. She's been grounded for the last 7 years for saying that until she apologizes,which she stubbornly refuses to do...Brat!......So,...
I've reached into my giant stainless steel vault to come up with something a little more lively,in an effort to prove that I can be "hip".. or "groovy"..or whatever the kids nowadays are saying. :)

A cyber buck goes out to any one that can listen to Harry Belafonte's "Senora",and not wanna tap their feet,..just a little...You may click "HERE" if you wish..

Edit:Even if I could find it on You-Tube,which seems unlikely,I can't figure out how to attach them things to my post...Damm newfangled gadget...
Yet another edit:Props go out to evangeline for suffering me through the intricacies of learning how to do something every ten-year old kid can do.
You Rock!...(although my link is the more complete version,...I'm just sayin').. ;)
This edit just in!:.. "More complete"??..sigh..

19 Comments:

At 12:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK - don't say I never did nuthin' fer ya:

edit your post in html mode and simply copy and paste this code into it:

you should see something called 'embed' on the YouTube side. That should work. Or you can curse me for making you go through all of this for nothing lest ye fail.

 
At 1:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I swell with pride.

 
At 1:17 PM , Blogger Sling said...

evangeline- WOO-HOO!..You are a blog Goddess!..of course this means everyone will be subjected to my newfound skill with variuos assorted and sundry samples of musica melancholia...They can blame you...

 
At 1:18 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

They always do.
(weeps most poetically)

 
At 1:21 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

FTR - Lorraine is the Blog Goddess when it comes to YouTube. Seriously. We bow. Although don't tell her that. I think she may be under the uncomfortable impression that I worship her. Which I do. But she is NOT to know.

 
At 1:46 PM , Blogger Sling said...

evangeline-..join the club..We have T-shirts!

 
At 3:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will let you know when my foot stops moving, which should be sometime tomorrow.

Then I will let you know when I get that song out of my head, which will be more towards the end of the week.

 
At 5:44 PM , Blogger Grish said...

Lol, Sling you'll be wasting hours and hours on YouTube now. :P

 
At 6:20 PM , Blogger Lorraine said...

Hey! Tshirts? No kidding? I'm varklempt. (Eva, I repeat, you are a knucklehead).

And thanks for the snaps, Mr. Dude, and congrats on figuring out how to embed videos. (Yeah. I felt like a complete moron when The Spouse finally showed me how to do it after struggling pathetically on my own. "Oh," I said).

I heart Harry Belafonte, btw.

 
At 8:00 PM , Blogger Sling said...

grish-Oh rest assured,this changes everything!

lorraine-..."Oh,I said"..Once again you have crystallized my thoughts eloquently.

 
At 9:02 PM , Blogger Cassandra said...

The monkeys make the video. Hey- you left some cheesecakepie out for me... thanks!

 
At 9:10 PM , Blogger Sling said...

babs-0-babs - Video monkeys and cheesecake pie!..all part of the service here at Sling's Domain.. ;)

 
At 9:38 PM , Blogger Lorraine said...

BTW, I'd like your cheesepie recipe. Looks delish.

 
At 9:53 PM , Blogger Sling said...

lorraine-..first you boil some video monkeys... :0

 
At 10:55 AM , Blogger HORIZON said...

lol- love it :)
Another weekend almost gone already- hope you have had fun.

 
At 11:03 AM , Blogger Sling said...

horizon-I'm havin' a ball kid! :)

 
At 11:04 AM , Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

when i was a preteen..i babysat and made my own spending money..the first thing i ever bought with my own money was a 45 of harry belafonte's scarlet ribbons...sigh*

 
At 4:10 PM , Blogger Sling said...

Yellowdog G.-The first record I ever bought was "Sugar Shack"..remember that one?..I knew you would.

 
At 7:04 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I grew UP on Harry Belafonte! And I even rescued a Harry Belafonte LP from the library's discard pile a few years back. It sits in my office cuz my turntable (yes, I still have one) has no needle cartridge, and getting one for it has proven difficult.

Day-o! Day-ay-ay-o! Daylight come and me wanna go home.

BTW, I'm a bit miffed that Lorraine didn't properly credit me with also helping her with the embedding of videos. Sheesh. ;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home