Sunday, November 26, 2006

Paint your pallette blue and grey..


Well it's Sunday eve,and I'm nearing the end of a most pleasant four-day holiday.
The cheesecake dispute has been amicably resolved,and our little family's bountiful turkey feast has been nibbled and pecked down to the equally bountiful ingredients for making a hearty turkey soup,with just enough left over for yet some few more tender sandwiches,(a little salt,pepper,and mayo on potato bread..YES!).Life continues to be good in Sling's domain. :)

And so,as I am wont to do when the rain,and my own psychic needs require,I'll don the headphones and take a warm snifter of brandy in hand.Top o' the reflective charts tonight is Don McLean's tribute to Van Gogh,.. "Vincent".
I keep an especially moving version on the jukebox for just such a circumstance.It was recorded live,and augmented with soaring violins and cello that blend exquisitely with Mr. McLean's flawless poetry.

"..with eyes that watch the world and can't forget.
Like the strangers that you've met.
The ragged men,in ragged clothes.
A silver thorn,a bloody rose,
lie crushed and broken on the virgin snow"..

I swear,If I could write like that, I'd never have to leave the house...
Yeah,I know the lyrics might seem a little melancholy,but sometimes,..it's like that..You are welcome to enjoy it with me here,..if you're so inclined..Peace out.

12 Comments:

At 12:31 AM , Blogger Grish said...

Sounds like me, I so don't want to go back to work...

 
At 5:52 AM , Blogger Sling said...

grish-boy howdy it's tough isn't it..
We do have another round coming up next month to look forward to though,, :)

 
At 8:47 AM , Blogger Citymouse said...

but you write better than that sling! :)

 
At 10:01 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful. Just perfect.

 
At 3:45 PM , Blogger the rube said...

this world was never meant for one a beautiful as you.

 
At 5:03 PM , Blogger Sling said...

charlie-It's one of the tunes I listen to when I want to go home again as well,..and it's 32 years ago.. :o

citymouse-You are clearly an imposter because my friend citymouse has actually read my writing!.. ;)

evangeline-simply and accurately put.
I'm glad it brought you pleasure.

ruby rocks-That's certainly true of Van Gogh,..I'm just here to stir the pot.. :)

 
At 11:07 PM , Blogger Middle Child said...

I am with you Sling and Charlie... I have loved that song for ages. Only the other morning when I had the radio on ..at 6 ...I burn the candle at both ends... it was on and Don needed a drink of water tabs and other essentials. I kept stopping and just listening...ahhh...Thanks Sling I went to "here" and downloaded it...many thanks

 
At 6:09 AM , Blogger Sling said...

middle child-I was playing it in preparation to do my post and the Lizzaed King even had to come in to have a listen,..Happy to share it with you MC.

 
At 4:31 AM , Blogger apositivepessimist said...

yum sanga’s made with left overs *drool*

hmmm I seem to be all about the grub.

 
At 9:20 AM , Blogger HORIZON said...

I studied Vincent Van Gogh for my higher art exam. His mix of form and content is powerful and dramatic. He was full of imagination and emotion- full of the spiritual essence of human nature- wonderful. Great song Sling.
He had a nervous temperament and enjoyed night-long discussions, most likely combined with a little ale.
Hard to believe that in his lifetime he only sold one paintng… pass the wine please.
Bests

 
At 2:08 PM , Blogger Allan said...

how 'bout I just take a roller and paint a black stripe down the side of your blog? Oh. Someone beat me to it...what gives? I coulds sworn that thing was gone...

 
At 2:57 PM , Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

ohh i love the picture...i have a clock made with the picture on it..it's tacky and cool at the same time..happy late thanksgiving..

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home