Monday, November 13, 2006

New toys and old friends...

Of new toys;..We have a brand new "Big 5" sporting goods store here in O-town,and they had their grand opening this weekend.
Now,I've been wanting a telescope for some time .
I had one years ago,as well as a very nice lab quality microscope,and if ever the addage"As above,so below" ever applied to any thing,looking out and peering in through the miracle of precision ground optics is right there at the top o' my list of way cool stuff.Unfortunately,I lost both of those wonderful toys during the "Hurricane Ellen" years,..but that's a story for another time.
In any case,Big 5 advertised an impressive array of 'scopes at prices I thought were downright reasonable for the features I wanted...Check it out..In an UNadvertised special,this little beauty was 75% off the regular price,(let's see..Divide by 9...carry the 12...subtract California sales tax from some randomly generated integer and,..)Are you kidding me??...
Needless to say the few,albeit persistent, Hebrew genes I inherited from Great-great Grandma Landwherle had a shit fit and fell straight over in it!...Okay,..It's been rainy and overcast for about two weeks,with no end in sight,but that can't last forever..
Of old friends;..Who should come sauntering into Sling's Domain with a long awaited "Wassup?" but that effervescent cyber hottie evangeline,(as she likes to call herself these days ) ;)..Apparently,she has been engaged in a clandestine "Lemonade" mission for the Allies these past several months,but is back again in fine fettle.This,much to the joy of those who know her...She gets an automatic Link,waiving the usual $4.95 fee...
New toys,and Old friends....Life is good...

12 Comments:

At 5:38 AM , Blogger apositivepessimist said...

hmmm I wonder how many houses along your street will be now closing their blinds.

 
At 5:43 AM , Blogger Sling said...

apos-Don't be silly..I have binoculars for that.. ;)

 
At 11:06 AM , Blogger Grish said...

Apositive so stole what I was going to say. :)

I almost got my son one of those automatic telescopes a while back, you know where you tell it you want to see the Big Dipper and it points to it but I missed the one day sale so didn't get one.

I had a scope when I was a kid but I never did find the man in the moon...

 
At 2:11 PM , Blogger Citymouse said...

Nebulas!!!! and old fiends! coool!

 
At 2:11 PM , Blogger Citymouse said...

Nebulas!!!! and old fiends! coool!

 
At 4:31 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh happy day! And I didn't even have to grovle. Lemme know when you see this.

 
At 4:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh crappy! It didn't link to the Klingon Bird of Prey ship floating in deep space! Some geek I am...okay okay, NOW!

 
At 4:58 PM , Blogger barista brat said...

have fun with the new toy!

 
At 6:08 PM , Blogger Sling said...

grish-Those programmable scopes are sweet.My goal is the one that hooks up to my laptop so I can sit in my room and tour the sky.

citymouse-It is a good day in my neck o'the woods indeed!

evangeline #1-what??...I don't see anything!..what the heck kind of link is??..

evangeline #2-OH,...Kewl!. :)

B.Brat-Thanks kid,It's a real geekfest. ;)

 
At 4:16 PM , Blogger Sling said...

Freaky-I'm pretty sure it's one in the same!
Bummer about posting,I'm not aware of any problems in particular.

 
At 4:44 PM , Blogger HORIZON said...

Well done on the telescope Sling- l bought one for hubby 6mths back - fantastic on nice clear nights! Hey,now l'm slightly worried, he has binoculars too?? hmm
:)
Cheerio for now

 
At 8:35 PM , Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

i read in paper that there is supposed to be a flurry of something falling from the sky for this weekend..cant remember what they are ..but supposed to be a bunch of them..happy peeping perv...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home