Tuesday, October 31, 2006

It was a dark and stormy night...


"Hello.."
"Hello,Mr. Sling?"
"Yeah,who's this?"
"This is nurse Torkrench from the O-Town hospital sir,we need you to come in immediately".
"Wha'..Why,what's going on?"
"The results from your blood tests have come in..I'm sorry to tell you this,but I'm afraid every test has come back positive".
"POSITIVE?..Positive for what?"
"We really shouldn't discuss this over the phone sir,please come in right away,it's a matter of life and death".....*CLICK*

"Holy Crap!"I thought."What the Hell is happening?"

I didn't waste another second,although my senses were reeling from the implications of this most distressing phone call.
Dressing quickly,I jumped on ol' Blue and pedaled my ass to the emergency room as fast as I could.

My heart was pounding from fear and exertion as I threw open the doors to the emergency room,strangely empty of the usual cadre of ill and injured.

"Mr.Sling?",asked the elderly blue smocked nurse behind the receiving window.(I recognized the voice of nurse Torkrench).
"YES!..Yes I am..You just phoned me to come in and..."
Please follow me to room 6 sir,...we've been expecting you".
I followed obediently,driven by the urgency in her voice.

"What the Hell is going on?..I don't underst..."
"Please sir,you need to lie on the exam table so we can start the I.V."
I smelled rubbing alcohol,and felt the slight burn as the needle entered my vein.I began to feel disoriented almost immediately.

"Nurse Torkrench,what's wrong with me?..You said the blood tests were positive".
The room was growing dimmer,and I felt myself beginning to lose consciousness.Two men in black entered the room,carrying what appeared to be ice chests.Nurse Torkrench smiled.

"Oh,they were POSITIVE Mr Sling..A positive match for our beloved Fuhrer,President Bush...As a matter of fact,you are the best candidate for organ harvesting we've ever seen!"
The room was black now...I felt a wave of warmth wash over my body.

"Very good Mr.Sling,just let it go...I promise,you won't feel a thing..."

****HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!****

13 Comments:

At 6:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's the scariest story I've ever heard.

 
At 6:21 PM , Blogger Sling said...

Damm...I left out the part where Dr. Phil ghosts writes my blog so nobody will miss me..

 
At 6:21 PM , Blogger the rube said...

you can't scare me, i married satan's sister!

 
At 6:27 PM , Blogger Sling said...

ruby rocks-That would make us in-laws..

 
At 6:32 PM , Blogger Citymouse said...

I started reading "it was a drunk and stormy night" Wishful thinking! That was down right frightful!

 
At 7:52 PM , Blogger Lorraine said...

Frakking JP. That's exactly what I was going to say. If we're going to share a brain we have GOT to get the rota worked out.

 
At 12:23 AM , Blogger Grish said...

Nice story! I love all the Halloween scaries around today. Good job...

 
At 4:55 AM , Blogger Dan said...

Sling, I can't remember ... did you say whether the spider left poisonous venom inside you (you know, the kind that makes one hallucinate)? ;)

 
At 7:51 PM , Blogger Middle Child said...

But Bush and co have blue blood don't they...y'know American royalty...so does this mean you have blue blood too...?

 
At 8:27 AM , Blogger Allan said...

Love it- kudos on the Cuckoo's nod!

 
At 3:52 PM , Blogger Sling said...

Thanks for the comments kids!..I've been slow at catching up.

Charlie-I've heard that from a couple of others,but it seems to come and go.
I'm not sure what causes,it or how to fix it because I never see it. :)

 
At 4:50 AM , Blogger apositivepessimist said...

I guess time will tell whether he got yer brain.

*wonders if Charlie is viewing in FireFox*

 
At 12:19 PM , Blogger Sling said...

I hope the bastard gets my Liver,THEN we'll see who has the last laugh!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home