Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Dear Diary..

I'm pretty sure we have moved out of those countless 100+ degree days of Summer,and into the much more agreeable and temperate NorCal shift into Autumn...Just fine by me,thank you very much.It's a helluva lot easier to rouse at 5 a.m, and sit out on the front porch to enjoy my morning coffee and cigarette when I've spent the night luxuriating under cover of my favorite Afghan,than having to crawl out from a miserably hot and restless sleep,into yet another miserably hot and restless dawn.
Last night,it rained a healthy 1.5 inches while I slept.Enough that I was awakened for a brief moment by the steady,syncopated snare of heavy droplets on the roof..
Smile..Pull the covers across my shoulders,..and go directly into hibernation mode...I love this time of year.

Cambraic shirts,and Harvest moons.
Acorns,Pine cones,and Celtic Runes.
Pagan days filled with desire.
Earth and air,..comes wind and fire.
Hooded Druids gather then.
Oil lamps,in wooded glen.
To gaze upon the Southern skye.
To eat and breathe,and live,and die
...
..but you know my favorite part?..

The wondrous way in which nature clothes itself in thunder.

..For Hat. ;)












Labels:

19 Comments:

At 8:38 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're just the bestest ever. You know that, right?

 
At 8:45 PM , Blogger Sling said...

..and yet,I never get tired of hearing it. :)

 
At 8:48 PM , Blogger Lorraine said...

Well, ya are the bestest.

You have no idea how long it took me to type 'bestest".

Including the time I tried to type "bestest".

I have so been drinking.

 
At 9:03 PM , Blogger Sling said...

..well yer doin' just fine 'Rainey.
..(takes car keys)..
I've had a nip or 12 me'self this very eve.

 
At 8:22 AM , Blogger the rube said...

the soul of a poet and an enjoyment of the drink.

ya wouldn't be irish would ya?

 
At 10:08 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

My favorite time of year as well, for much the same reasons (with the addition of the smell of woodsmoke on a nippy day, and home made apple pie ala mode). Loved the pagan poem, and the amazing pic. Simply the bestest.

 
At 10:47 AM , Blogger rosemary said...

Rain, a warm bed, a poet and the most beautiful time of year.....you are the perfect man in the perfect place.

 
At 4:08 PM , Blogger Sling said...

The Rube- I'm German/Scotch/Irish..I love poetry,whiskey,and invading things.

Tater- isn't that the coolest pic!
I've posted it before,but I really enjoy looking at it.

Rosemary-..Pobody's nerfect..
But I am livin' pretty large these days! :)

 
At 8:12 PM , Blogger Traveling Matt said...

oh my god is that picture real?!?!? that's amazing.

 
At 8:19 PM , Blogger Sling said...

monica- It's totally real..How cool is that!

 
At 9:01 PM , Blogger Citymouse said...

that is a beautiful pic and beautiful post--- ok
start a deviant art account and post that thing would ya!!!!

 
At 9:10 PM , Blogger Sling said...

citymouse- I'm glad you like the post,and the pic!
I found it on the net someplace,and while I didn't alter the actual image,I used photoshop to "plastic wrap" it,and set it in vignette lighting...It's not really mine to take credit for.

 
At 9:59 PM , Blogger Mom said...

You really are a poet!
Love the picture!

 
At 10:27 PM , Blogger Sling said...

Thanx Mom!..and thanks to all of you that may have enjoyed the poem.
..Really.. :)

 
At 4:18 PM , Blogger Doralong said...

Stunning- simply stunning..

 
At 5:45 PM , Blogger Sling said...

doralong- ..and whimsical!..Mother nature has a keen sense of well,..stunningly whimsical stuff.

 
At 7:20 PM , Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

sigh*....that's purty...

 
At 6:55 AM , Blogger Doralong said...

Well I always looked on it as more perverse as opposed to whimsical actually, but that's another long freight train of thought, isn't it?

 
At 1:11 AM , Blogger Middle Child said...

WE are moving towards summer..the opposite to you. But I know what you mean about the time of year you are in...its just so very beautiful...something about the light; the feeling; memories of other times; the colours...all that and something maybe Celtic or Northern ...race memory perhaps..whatever...it si just the best

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home