Saturday, May 31, 2008

Saturday twofer!

How many times during the course of everyday conversation,do you get to utter the name 'Redbone'?..

I mean,unless you're one of the fortunate few that just happen to own a redbone hound dog,(in which case,you may all gather about the punch bowl,and talk amongst yourselves)..
No,..I mean every body else that doesn't live in Alabama.(Oh great,now I'm going to get letters!).

I digress.

Well here's two very good excuses to work 'Redbone' into your daily chat over coffee and biscotti..
I saw these guys in concert during a car show at the L.A. Convention center!.
Okay,they played this same song over and over.
But!,..they did it for well over 3 hours! ..

Take that miss lorraine thing!





'Come and get your love'

Shortly after this song came out,a determined group of American Indians occupied Alcatraz Island!
..I'm not exactly sure why,but it looks pretty cool on a resume.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
But wait!..
I played that video,so I could play this one!
Leon Redbone rocks on several levels.

a)He doesn't care if he sings in tune
b)He does however,play in tune,Plus!,
3)..he disguised himself so as not to be recognized by Homeland Security,long before it was fashionable.




'Ain't misbehavin''..

Have a great weekend kids!

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

At 9:54 PM , Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

i fecking love leon redbone..he's the man..i even liked his funky commericals he used to do...


"saving all my love for you.."

 
At 1:11 PM , Blogger sageweb said...

I will have to return...the videos are blank. Maybe it is my compooper

 
At 7:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Golly Sling, I am still looking at the install pix below and in awe! Mighty fine work bubba! And now you're groovin to hunting' dog music. I'm impressed. Quite an act to follow--not many can.

Fine job, son.

 
At 8:51 AM , Blogger sageweb said...

Okay they work now...the cartoon thingee is really cute.

 
At 12:35 PM , Blogger Lorraine said...

Bruce plays more than one song in the course of 3 hours.

Just sayin'.

 
At 12:36 PM , Blogger Lorraine said...

Oh, and also, the security guards around here have really cold hands. You wanna talk to them about that? Because I'm here like, every day, and I understand the need for heightened security and all that but this is ridiculous.

 
At 4:31 PM , Blogger Sling said...

Yellerdawg- I always liked the guy.I just thought he had style. :)

Sage- Sometimes on my 'puter,the videos take a minute or so to pop up.
Thanks for your patience.

CS- Thanks doll!
I try to be flexible. ;)

Rainey- Of course he does,..I was just bein' a butt.
I think Redbone sounds pretty good,but back in the 60's I think they were thought of as more like a novelty act.
They did at least one more song,and then just faded away.

I'll let security know that you're a trusted friend,..that way the strip searches will be performed on a random basis.

 
At 7:33 PM , Blogger Lorraine said...

All they need to do is rub their hands together first for frak's sake. I'm happy to go along, I just HATE being cold.

 
At 8:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I love the jiggly Huffalumps running down the street, tee hee.

 
At 4:57 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this song. And my ex got me in the habit of singing Leon Redbone's song "Lazybones" when I'm waking someone up who doesn't want to get out of bed. It was usually me being sung to while I burrowed under the covers, but I sing it to my kids now.

 
At 4:26 AM , Blogger Doralong said...

There's a blast from the past for you- thanks buddy you made me start the day with a smile..

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home