Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Woots & Hoos!

I'm still tired from last week.
We had to get a very labor intensive job out by this Monday past,so it was necessary to work Saturday in order to make it happen.
We managed that just fine,what with all and sundry multi-tasking their asses off.It was a pretty impressive team effort.
Still,a six day week makes for a one day weekend,and that mildly sucks.

The good news is!..I didn't realize till this morning that next Monday is Memorial day!
Yep,a three day weekend.
Lizzard King and I have decided to take a well deserved road trip back to Mount Lassen,our local volcano,and explore some of the wonders we missed last time around.
You all will get to tag along by way of video recap,no doubt.(aren't you just thrilled?..of course you are!)

**In other news**

The battle between the two candidates for this country's highest honor continues.
While voters may be split on whom they prefer,each candidate has more than enough qualities to recommend them.
I think the important thing,will be for each of us to get behind whomever is chosen,and make a show of solidarity.
It's down to the wire now folks,and the question of who the winner is will be answered TONIGHT!..On American Idol!

15 Comments:

At 5:31 PM , Blogger Mom said...

A hardworking man like you deserves a mountain holiday. Thanks for inviting the rest of along to enjoy you local volcano.

 
At 7:26 PM , Blogger Lorraine said...

Can't wait for the travelogue. And yeah, I'll be happy when this whole thing is settled once and for all.

Who's running again? Is that David kid still in or did he run out of campaign funds?

 
At 7:33 PM , Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

fuct!...i hab to work on memorial day...eban wid a code..hab fun...who won? i didn't watch..

 
At 5:50 AM , Blogger Sling said...

mom- Lizzard King and I have both been hittin' it pretty hard at work.
These little day trips out of town are good for both of us.

Rainey- Oh,it's the David and David show!
Archuleta and Cook.
I really wanted Carly to win,but apparently this country is ready for a foreigner Idol.

yellerdawg- Damm girl,this code has been hangin' on for a while now huh.
David Cook won..I figured of the two,he would.

 
At 7:22 AM , Blogger billy pilgrim said...

the lovely mrs myshkin won't let me talk to her when she's watching idol.

so i got that going for me too, which is nice.

 
At 8:36 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm working Memorial day mnorning, but thenm we're going to fire up the grill and have a cook-out.

 
At 10:49 AM , Blogger Jan said...

My faith in the American people was restored with last night's vote of talent over cuteness.

 
At 3:37 PM , Blogger sageweb said...

Oh I cant wait for the video recap....it will make me feel like I got out doors and exercised.

 
At 5:32 PM , Blogger Middle Child said...

Enjoy the sweet mountain air Sling...

 
At 6:06 PM , Blogger Sling said...

Billy P.- Silence is golden my friend!

citizen- I don't imagine you get too many un-interrupted holidays.
Enjoy the grillage!

jan- Dave Cook has the experience,and demeanor.
He was my pick of the two.
Dave Archuleta has plenty of time to develope into his talent.

Sage- I'll try to bring you some spectacular footage kid! :)

middle child- The air will be a little bit sulphurous where we're goin',but that's part of the experience.
Oh,btw,Courvoisier is a medium priced,and very respectable Brandy.
I like to enjoy it straight,in a heated snifter.
Why ruin a good Brandy by mixing it?

 
At 9:11 AM , Blogger booda baby said...

Am very thrilled to watch video highlights. I've never seen a volcano up close. You keep your toes outa that thing.

 
At 12:57 PM , Blogger Kari (GrannySkywalker) said...

I was a David Cook fan all the way. The show has been redeemed as far as I'm concerned. (Like they care what I think!).

Crazy, but more people probably voted in this contest than they will in the Presidential election. Then again, this contest had more likeable candidates, eh?

Kari

 
At 4:36 PM , Blogger Sling said...

booda babe- Oh,I wouldn't think of dipping my toes in those broiling waters,until I get Little Newt to try it first.

kari- I heard that a good protion of the viewership was lost,because it had become more about a personality contest,than actual talent.(and I think they most assuredly do care what you think).

As far as the vote count,you're allowed to vote multiple time on American Idol and,..wait..

 
At 4:37 PM , Blogger Kimberly Ann said...

Have a groovy time. Hope gas prices in your neck of the woods don't require a mortgage.

 
At 4:45 PM , Blogger Sling said...

kimberly ann- Gas prices don't yet require a mortgage.
Not as long as I have the grandchildren's college fund to pillage.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home