Tuesday, May 12, 2009

And now,a word about awards..

I was going to post about this last Sunday,but it was Mother's day,and I didn't want to appear all shallow and self-centered.
Now that it's Tuesday,it's all about how wonderful I Am!..

***I Won an Award!!***



The feisty and buxom Yellowdog Granny has presented me with the coveted 'One Lovely Blog Award'!..for which I am most sincerely grateful.
Thank you Darlin'!..

Of course,as the proud recipient of this singular accolade,I am charged with a list of specific duties,..a hard and fast set of rules that must be strictly adhered to!
Only,I forgot what I strictly adhered them to,..and now I can't find them.
But I do know this!..

Among my cherished list of Blogpals,there are some few that I think may not already have this prize decorating their mantle,and it's my genuine pleasure to rectify that by bestowing the 'One Lovely Blog' award to..

..The envelope please.

********************
Booda Baby!
I just love the way she thinks,..and the way she writes the way she thinks.
It's all giddy and circuitous like the 'Tea Cups' ride at Disneyland (my personal favorite),..which leaves you feeling delightfully exhilarated,and anxious to get right back in line for another spin.
PLUS!..She creates the most clever animations you'll find anyplace!
I heart her very much.

********************
Random Thinker!
She's relatively new in Bloggertown,but it didn't take long for Ms. Thinker to become one of my favorite reads.
She has style,and wit,and an incisive manner of viewing life from all perspectives so that you'll find yourself thinking out loud, 'Yeah!,..it's exactly like that!..
G'head and stop by her house..I've no doubt you'll come away with a lovely new friend!

Lastly,..and by no means leastly..

********************
Miss Healthypants!
You know what I love most about Miss HP?
I'll tell ya what I love most about Miss HP..
She completely lacks the ability to be mean!
..She just can't do it.
I mean,..even when she tries to get angry,it comes out all sparkly,and decent,and thoroughly considerate of how other people may feel ,so that it even makes a cranky old bastard like me consider trying a little harder .
She is that rare commodity these days.
..A genuinely good person!
Cute,and funny,..just like the little sister I never had.
Oh,..I have a little sister,..but the 'mean gene' got passed on to her,along with me and the rest of my siblings.

********************
Congratulations Kids!!..
You may now feel free to honor those of whom you choose with their very own 'One Lovely Blog Award'!

You know,..it's entirely possible I may have missed a dear friend or two that absolutely deserves a notable notation right here in Sling's Domain.
Fear not!..I have something for you as well!

**(Cue theme song for Sling's entire Blogroll)**



Have a great week kids!

Labels:

11 Comments:

At 1:57 PM , Blogger sageweb said...

Very cool Sling such a pretty award too. If there is a video on this post, I will have to wait till I get home..My work blocks out certain videos..but I can watch youtube all day.

 
At 2:29 PM , Blogger rosemary said...

Perfect award, perfect song....even Ringo was cute back then....you are super sling.

 
At 2:30 PM , Blogger rosemary said...

PS......the video is right next to your meez so it looks like you are strumming along.

 
At 5:26 PM , Blogger booda baby said...

Just about anything I have to say could NOT capture what it feels like to get an award from you! Next time I'm put in charge of handing out titles (actually, I'm still waiting for the first time), I'm not budging til they make you Minister of Awards for Everyone because YellowGranny Dog got it so right the first time: Lovely Blog and Lovelier Man. (I bet you can't have one without the other, can you?)

Thank you so much for making me so happy this afternoon!!

 
At 5:55 PM , Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

Aww, Sling, that is so so sweet of you!! *smiles* Thanks so much!--I was feeling a little bummed today, and your words cheered me right up! :)

If I were to hand out this award (I don't usually do that kind of thing, but you made me kinda want to!), you would totally be a recipient. I love reading your blog, and I find your writing to be wonderfully honest and extremely entertaining--and even though I've never met you, I have the feeling that we WOULD indeed get along as siblings! :) I feel that you're definitely like a big brother to me! *smiles* And you're not fooling anyone--I have the feeling that you're really a big softie, too! :)

Thanks again, Sling-o! :)

 
At 6:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cngratualtions! (Believe it or not, I was just putting togeterh a post about this very award!)

 
At 7:07 PM , Blogger Random Thinker said...

Gosh - I'd like to thank Mrs. Bird my 1st grade teacher for teachnig me how to read and write. I'd like to thank my parents for giving me life. Most of all I'd like to thank Sling my very first regular reader and absoloot fav-o-rite blog poster. You are awesome Sling. You DID make it better. XXOOO

 
At 8:43 PM , Blogger Middle Child said...

They (the Beatles) were sooo young. Ahhh and how odd it seems to see people freely smoking in public... how much things have changed in a generation or so...

Random Thinker is one of my favourites as well Sling, you have good taste. And you gotta love that photo of hers..

 
At 10:59 PM , Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

the award was deserved...u rock.

 
At 9:16 PM , Blogger Sling said...

I was pleased,not only to receive the award,but for the chance to recognize my blogpals individually,and collectively. :)

 
At 8:14 PM , Blogger austexgrl said...

You are,, the sweetest of the sweet and the bestest of the best!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home