Friday, May 15, 2009

Nocturnal Omissions..

Over the past several nights,I've been serial dreaming.
Sort of like a mini-series of slightly dark and disturbing scenarios,where I'm confronted with bizarre tests of my character.

..Should I take revenge on the drug dealers that murdered my brother?..
Yes!..Ambush them one at a time,and dispatch them with prejudice.

Remember,..this was just a dream,with no basis in actual fact.


Last night's chapter opens with me,alone,at an abandoned gas station.
Everything is in black-and-white except for my bicycle,which is bright red.
For reasons which make sense only in dream land,I left my bike and walked across the street to do,..something(?)..

When I turned around,I saw a gang of outlaw bikers loading my bicycle onto a truck!
Well,..there were hundreds of them,..so the only thing I could sensibly do was to resign my self to the loss of my bike,and go home.

..I was sitting in my living room consumed with anger.
Not at them,..but at myself for not storming right over there,and retrieving my property!..There's a thing in a man's chest that refuses to abide cowardice,after all.

There's a knock at the door!..
It's one of the bikers,selling stuffed animals for fifty-cents.
I leaped at this one-on-one opportunity!

'Hey!..You guys stole my bike,and that's my only means of transportation!'

There was a sincere look of contrition on his face that somehow absolved me of my masculine transgression.
..(cut to outlaw biker clubhouse,..because that's what dreams do).

We're all gathered around a great wooden table.
The bikers are filling out the final paperwork that will make them fully-fledged members of the gang...(Outlaw biker protocol,..I suppose).

The disheveled character next to me puts down his pen,and with an audible sigh of relief exclaims..

'Whew!..I'm glad that's over!'..

Then,he turns to me and says..

'The worst part,is the crows around your ankles'..

..I think that's something we can all relate to.

Labels:

19 Comments:

At 10:49 AM , Blogger rosemary said...

OK sling....you lost me in a cloud of dream smoke at the stuffed animals for fifty cents...as for California song birds...the crows....they scare the crap outta me. Did you know they have "packs" kinda like coyotes? There is the killer, the lookout, the distraction and the backup crow...kind of like biker thieves.

 
At 10:52 AM , Blogger Sling said...

Rosie- This probably accounts for why they are called a 'murder' of crows!

 
At 11:35 AM , Blogger Random Thinker said...

I totally understood the stuffed animal thing.... a biker, apart from his gang, is just an ordinary guy. And what's more ordinary than selling stuffed animals?? The fact that he was selling stuffed animals allowed you to see the softer side of him, thus forgiving yourself for not knocking the snot out of him when he stole your bike. I'm kind of lost on the crows though. Couldn't you go back to sleep and finish the dream?

By the way, 50 cents for a stuffed animal is a bargain. I have personally spent up to $10 trying to get one out of those damn claw machines.

 
At 11:44 AM , Blogger Jan said...

You sound deeply disturbed. Best not to sleep for a while.

 
At 3:55 PM , Blogger Sling said...

Thinker- That's exactly how I felt about the whole stuffed animal thing!
I felt bad for the guy.
I think the crows were just those constant annoyances,biting at our ankles.

Jan- Of course I'm disturbed..I figure that puts me smack in the middle of the 'normal' scale these days.
Earlier in the day,Lizzard King and I were talking about a mutual friend that recently had his motorcycle stolen..I get a kick out of the way the subconcious builds a story around stuff.

 
At 7:05 PM , Blogger booda baby said...

Oh this was SO exciting! And beautiful, too. Kind of film noirish. I like things in black and white, with one red bicyclette (very French new wave, don't you think?).

I take that back. Have you seen Fellini? I think you and Fellini would have been pretty darned good friends. Your dreams are Fellini-ishy.

Oh. And I am very grateful for your disclaimer/proviso.

 
At 8:41 PM , Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

dont you know that bikers collect toys every year and give them to the marines for toy drive?....and guess you are the only one that didn't know the thing about the crows and the ankles...sigh*..

 
At 2:21 AM , Blogger Willym said...

So like what part was .. you know.. a dream?

 
At 8:41 AM , Blogger Sling said...

Booda Babe- I've heard of this Fellini fellow..Didn't he do 'Terminator III'?

Yellerdawg- YOU knew about the ankle crows,and didn't tell me??

Willym- The part about the red bicycle..My bike is actually green.
..I thought that was odd at the time.

 
At 5:51 PM , Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

LOL! The ending about the crows cracked me up so much, I had to read it aloud to Iwanski so he could share in the laughter (which he did). :) Isn't that what dreams are like? They make no sense, and yet we STILL try to figure out what they mean. What is wrong with us humans?? :)

 
At 6:23 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is there a theme of being cheated? Would fit with you life right now, whit your work situation.

Yeah, crows around my ankles is soemthign I can hardly bear.

 
At 8:08 PM , Blogger Sling said...

Miss HP- It's fun to try and decipher the symbolism behind dreams,(Although,sometimes a cigar is just a cigar)..In any case,I LOVE how the sub-conscious is able to create story lines that you would never conceive while awake. :)

Citizen- WHEW!..I was afraid you were gonna tell me I need psychiatric intervention!..:O
But sure,..no doubt current circumstances are weighing on my mind.
This too,shall pass.
(Swats at pesky crows)

 
At 9:37 PM , Blogger Mom said...

You have weird but entertaining dreams.

 
At 9:39 PM , Blogger Sling said...

Mom- ..I left out the parts that didn't make sense. ;)

 
At 8:55 AM , Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

sorry sweety i just assumed you knew..

 
At 4:11 AM , Blogger Middle Child said...

Sometimes we all get the horrors...

horrors is how it feels at times..sometimes it makes sense...for me all my teeth fal out in a crumbly mess..and amny other repetitive dreams..sick stuff Sling...my dreams are nightmares...hope yours ease

 
At 11:52 AM , Blogger Sling said...

Yellerdawg- ;)

Middle Child- I actually enjoy a good nightmare.
I mean,..once you wake up,it's like a fun ride.

 
At 7:27 AM , Blogger Lorraine said...

Wait! That's what happened to me last Tuesday!

 
At 6:23 PM , Blogger Sling said...

Rainey- ..I based that dream on a true story! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home