Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Tuesday Memory Dump..

If it weren't for I wouldn't have jack-shit to post today.

I caught this cold blooded little fella sunning himself early enough in the morning ,so that he wasn't inclined to run off before I got near enough to get a nice close-up.He lives under a loose board on a bench at one of our Ministry of Geriatric Housing complexes,so I see him out and about on a fairly regular basis..


This antique car club gets together from time to time over at the historic Lott home,right here in O-Town.
It's easy enough to convert the photo to black and white,and then apply a sepia filter in Photoshop to get a nice,nostalgic effect..

I have no idea why I never noticed it before,but our Dogwood first blossoms in these lovely pink flowers at the advent of Sping,and then begins to leaf.



This phenomenon probably isn't news to most folks,but I find it pleasantly odd.












My daughter,suspicious of little Erin's unusually quiet activity,went outside to investigate and found her embroiled in the construction of this very wonderful contraption!
A sort of designer trebuchet,no doubt intended to employ against that snotty little brat next door,and her stupid 'Barbie's Dream House'.
..A fine example of our familial German engineering gene,made manifest in my 8 year old grand-daughter!


A fashionably spotted Ladybug,and her Gentleman bug consort,caught in an intimate embrace..
We are not above a little graphic imagery here in Sling's Domain.


Speaking of bugs..What the hell kind of malevolent multi-legged menace deposited these gruesome looking eggs on MY Grape leaves??
They don't belong to those Ladybird Beetles I know,..'cause I looked it up.
They have since been dispatched with extreme prejudice..


This is what I have to contend with whilst shaving..Fat Cat crouched in the bathroom window,and the neighbor's pitt bull 'Rex' glaring at me disapprovingly,as if  my personal hygiene has rudely intruded on their conversation..I don't know what they're so pissed about,since they clearly have a more interesting social life than I do..


Labels:

20 Comments:

At 2:43 PM , Blogger secret agent woman said...

You've got some great shots here. I especially like the lady bug lovers.

I've always liked that about dogwoods (and forsythia).

 
At 2:55 PM , Blogger sageweb said...

oh I love the humping lady bug shot!

 
At 3:27 PM , Blogger Jan said...

Dogs and cats must wonder why humans spend so long in complex grooming processes.

 
At 5:58 PM , Blogger Sling said...

Secret Agent Woman- I didn't know that about forsythias either,(the list of things I don't know could fill the Library of Congress).
I think it's cool seeing those pretty flowers bursting out of seemingly dead wood.

Sage- That's my favorite..I sent it off to Nat Geo,because I'm a glutton for rejection. :)

Jan- Well sure,..if all I had to do was lick myself all day,I would.

 
At 6:16 PM , Blogger Bad Alice said...

Your granddaughter is pretty impressive. No one's going to walk all over her, for sure.

Lovely photos. I like the old-fashioned looking car photo. I'm a sucker for that sort of thing.

 
At 6:45 PM , Blogger Charlene said...

The Ladybug sex on a leaf is wonderful.

In Louisville there is pink dogwood and white dogwood. The white is flowering now. I noticed today driving down a 6 lane road that there are trees almost fully flowered on the right [going toward town] and on the left are trees that aren't even budding and the flowering white dogwood shows prominently. I would have gotten a picture if I hadn't taken the "no phone" zone pledge.

 
At 6:55 PM , Blogger booda baby said...

I think cat and dog were talking lady bug mechanics. Midget wrestling to them.

I really enjoy these glimpses of your life.

And I REALLY enjoy German engineering when you could, just as easily, call it so many other, Sling-things. Haha!! You all DO like to tinker with things.

 
At 7:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That totally looks like one of the Mario Brothers on top of that ladybug. See the moustache? No? Just me? Okay, then.

 
At 7:36 PM , Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

Those ladybugs KICK ASS! :) I don't think I've ever seen that species before.

Also, I share your appreciation of trees blossoming & then "leafing"--I really dig on how the various different trees in our neighborhood all bud & blossom differently. Mother Nature is amazing!! :)

 
At 8:23 AM , Blogger billy pilgrim said...

i think rex is dreaming about cat stew for dinner.

 
At 8:58 AM , Blogger Random Thinker said...

That cat is doing an awesome job of ignoring that dog. Must be driving him crazy.

 
At 10:31 AM , Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

i love the cars and the pitty bull dog..but the ladybugs rock..this was a great post.u dun gud.

 
At 2:47 PM , Blogger Sling said...

Bad Alice- Heck hath no fury like an 8 year old girl scorned..
I'm a sucker for the antique autos as well.

Charlene- You can't really tell from the picture,but there is a white flowered Dogwood right next to it..The pink one blossomed first.
And kudos to you for sticking to the no-phone pledge! :)

Booda Babe- Oh,the whole 'sling' opportunity didn't escape me,but the whole reason I did this post was because I always wanted to use 'trebuchet' in a sentence. :P

JP- I was thinking Cartman with a moustache,but I totally see what you mean.

Miss HP- Mother nature really is amazing..Have you been watching that new series 'Life' on Discovery?..Pretty cool!

Billy P.- Rex is a big ol' sweetheart..Fat Cat,on the other hand,is a cranky old bastard,and could probably take Rex to the cleaners.

Random Thinker- Fat Cat and Bailey take turns aggravating Rex..It's their job.

Yellerdawg- I put that picture of Rex up there for you and Billy..I knew you'd like it. :)

 
At 12:19 AM , Blogger mi said...

your powers of observation are great and mighty.

 
At 3:32 AM , Blogger Shrinky said...

Those bug shots are simply amazing! You sure have a great eye with the camera. That Fat Cat is such a tease (poor Rex)!

 
At 7:54 PM , Blogger Middle Child said...

Excellent photos - How about the Ladybeetle one - what do they call the male ladybeetle do you reckon.

Very clever little granddaughter you have there...must have your construction genes.

But the cat and dog one that is a classic...you can almost see the tension in the doggie.

 
At 8:11 PM , Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

Sling--I hadn't heard of that series "Life"--but thanks for mentioning it! I've set up the Tivo to record 3 episodes so far...it looks fascinating! :)

 
At 9:29 PM , Blogger Sling said...

mi- ..now if I can just get the hang of walking and chewing gum at the same time.

Shrinky- Thanks kid!
Rex is an easy mark for Fat cat.

Middle Child- Seriously,I looked everywhere and could't find a name to distinguish male Ladybugs from females,but I'm sure the females have a name for them when they are chatting amongst themselves in the Ladybug's room.

Miss HP- The series is produced by the same folks that did 'Planet Earth'..I'm sure you'll enjoy it,even though it is narrated by Oprah Winfrey,instead of Sigourney Weaver.
Oprah sounds like she's talking to a class of 3rd graders.

 
At 6:19 AM , Blogger Laurent said...

nice photos again.

 
At 11:37 PM , Anonymous 網站設計 said...

hooray, your writings on theater and writing much missed!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home