Saturday, March 17, 2007

Shall we be bringin' our own beer?...


..that was my best Irish brogue by the way.

Once a year,we all get to embrace our Irish heritage.
Oh sure,..my surname would make even the most guttural thick-necked Kraut wince,but not too far back,there was an auburn haired lass hailing from the Emerald Isle that caught the fancy of one of my Germanic forebears.(an ethnic mixture which has since been outlawed by most civilized nations,..but I digress).

In any case,I've always been drawn to traditional Irish music.
It's just like going home.
I want to wish everyone in Bloggertown a happy St. Patty's day,and offer up this William Coulter tune,(appropriately titled St.Patrick's day/over the moor to Maggie) for you enjoyment...May you be in Heaven,a half-hour 'fore the Devil knows you're dead!..

8 Comments:

At 11:30 PM , Blogger Middle Child said...

Our Catholic Irish lot came out as Indentured servants during the Famine, and my dad's side the Proddie lot came out at the same time as shepherds etc even though they boasted that they could all read...the indentured servants could read not only bloody english but Latin and gaelic as well but were not allowed to boast because it was illegal for them to have been taught at all at all.

And here we are shitstirrer's Incorporated... thanks mum and Dad

 
At 11:07 AM , Blogger HORIZON said...

Happy St. Patrick's day Sling. Nice bit o music- sounds a bit like Duck Baker :)
Bests

 
At 1:19 PM , Blogger rosemary said...

Ok, so I'm half Italian...can I still take some of the happiness?? The other half is German and that part is always in a bad mood so the day doesn't matter.

 
At 4:45 PM , Blogger apositivepessimist said...

I'm also partaking of something greenish...but it's not in liquid form.

Happy Paddies Day.

 
At 7:15 PM , Blogger barista brat said...

i have a feeling you're nursing a pretty terrific hangover.

i have a friend named erin who loves st. paddy's day.

she wears the classic 'erin go bragh' pin, but altered it so it reads 'erin go bra-less'.

 
At 1:32 AM , Blogger Grish said...

Where's that beer..?

 
At 10:09 AM , Blogger the rube said...

i wonder if shane macgowan was downing the guinness.

i was getting mighty thirsty thinking about it.

 
At 10:30 AM , Blogger CS said...

I think on St. Patrick's Day they follow the one drop rule, so you're in. I've got a fair chucnk of it on my maternal grandfather's side (The Kelly's, no less), so I wouldn't consider facing the day without some green and some beer.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home