Saturday, March 03, 2007

I'm pretty sure Anna-Nichole had more fun this week than I did..


..what with her all-expense paid trip to the Bahamas and all..

I haven't posted for a few days because I've been in a rotten mood,and I don't like writing when I'm pissed off.

WTF???..

"Sling,..You post vitriolic,obscenity laced tirades all the time!"

I know,I know...But I do that for fun,and I'm always in fine fettle when I do.
There's probably some underlying sociopathic explanation for that,but I choose not to dwell on it too much.

"Pray,tell us why you've been so irritable!"

Damm...You guys talk funny,..but I'll answer none-the-less.

We have one guy at work that simply will NOT pull his weight in the shop. He does installs,which means he's riding around from place to place AND getting paid for it.(This could amount to as much as 4 hours a day).On an average day,he probably doesn't have to put in more than 5 hours of actual work.
Hey,that's cool...More power to him.But when he's back at the shop he's supposed to perform certain duties.Duties,which if left undone,fall to those of us that remain.
Instead,he'll walk back and forth empty handed,acting as if he's "getting ready" to go on the next install....Trust me,it's total bullshit.
Still,even that wouldn't necessarily bother me,except that I was asked to complete one of his tasks the other day because,"Frank doesn't have time"..

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

"If that lazy bastard would pick up a tool and actually use it,he might accidently get something done up in here!"...
No,I didn't say that,..but it did put me off my feed for the rest of the week.
I have been in such a crappy mood,I even went off on a guy in a wheelchair while waiting in line to cash my paycheck.
I was next in line,and when the Teller said "Next" he tried rollin' up in front of me..

"Excuse me,I was next in line"..says I,more than a little annoyed..
"Oh,yer running the show here?"..says him.
*????*
"HEY!..You can have my parking place buddy,but yer NOT getting my place in line!"
Yeah,..I'd pretty much had it with inconsiderate assholes inflicting petty impositions on my time..I'll try to feel bad about it later.

In any case,it's Saturday,my attitude has had time to readjust,and I'm in a terrific mood!

Hence the minor rant...See how it works? ;)

17 Comments:

At 8:14 PM , Blogger apositivepessimist said...

Ou we are alike...usually my posts are written after I have got over my pissiness also. Else you'd feel me stabbing out the letters with my pointy index fingers. Those "Fuck me, I'm too busy being pissy to tell you's about it" moments.

Maybe a teeshirt with..."I'm DOING this, because FRANK"S too BUSY!

Them wheelchair buggers can get feisty, what!..."Yeah not so feisty when I'm wheeling you out on the highway are ya!"

 
At 8:32 PM , Blogger Sling said...

apos-..so it's not just me..I imagine Hitler was giddy as a schoolgirl when he wrote "Mein Kampf".
I'm LOVIN' the t-shirt idea! :)

 
At 10:28 PM , Blogger Middle Child said...

S'ok Sling...as the long time wife (1972) of aguy in a whelchair we forgive you. He never pushes through...but if someone offers he takes because it is so much harder ....every thing.

But pinch a disabled parking spot and we'll flatten your tyres, smear tomatoes on your windscreen etc...because it takes so much longer...everything does... and we are paying sooo much for what ordinary folk take for granted.

BUt agree with you...no one should jump queues unless they are sick, desperate, etc...

 
At 10:36 PM , Blogger Sling said...

Thanx for understanding MC.The guy was truly rude,or I would have been more amenable. ;)

 
At 8:19 AM , Blogger Lorraine said...

Sheesh. And yet you still managed to come into the club and make those delicious Hurricanes yesterday. We did wonder about the "I'm doing this 'cause Frank's too busy" tshirt...I mean, you're usually wearing the nice black & whites...plus JP & I kept looking at each other saying, "Frank? Who's Frank? Do you know a Frank?" And then we thought maybe you meant Frankie Goes to Hollywood, because you're cleverly obscure like that.

Anyway, guess you cleared that up.

Oh, and that parking space right in front? The one next to the disabled parking space? Yeah. That's yours now. We're installing the bike rack this morning.

 
At 10:58 AM , Blogger Sling said...

...and the perks keep rollin' in!. :)

 
At 11:29 AM , Blogger rosemary said...

Damn, I 'm glad you're back...missed you. T-shirts....how about "Poor Frank"
or "I wanna be Frank when I grow up" or "Frankly I'm Lazy" or "Let's do a Frank and sit on our asses"
Just trying to cheer you up...and remember...vacation in a few short weeks.

 
At 11:30 AM , Blogger rosemary said...

PS I'm not touchin the handicapped thing but assholes come in all forms.

 
At 12:00 PM , Blogger Max and Me said...

vent away...this is one great benefit to blogging. glad to see you back and writing!

 
At 12:35 PM , Blogger CS said...

Sometimes when I'm sad or angry the blogigng actully helps because it forces me to tone it down as I write. Then I usually end up feeling a little better. But in my darkest moments, I can't even thing about posting - I just ned to let it sit for a while.

 
At 4:03 PM , Blogger Sling said...

Rosie-I really am cheered up doll.
I like the "Frankly I'm lazy" version of t-shirt. :)

meander-It IS a great thing about blogging...I can get out my frustrations in a civilized fashion.

CSL-That's all I'm sayin'..If I'm gonna put something down "on paper" as it were,I want to at least have given it some rational thought first..even if only a little bit. ;)

 
At 12:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it when you say "fettle."

 
At 3:59 PM , Blogger the rube said...

did the prick have a motor bolted to his wheelchair?

those motorized wheelchairs drive me nuts.

 
At 4:22 PM , Blogger Sling said...

JP-I have no idea what a fettle is..I do like throwing archaic words at the 'puter just to see what sticks. :)

ruby rocks-No motor,but check it out,There were 5 or 6 people behind me when he came in,and he just figured he'd help himself to the next open teller,then act like I'm the prick for callin' him on it.

 
At 4:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It wouldn't be funny to think about the poor man in the wheelchair during your hike of the Grand Canyon.

 
At 4:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Unless you wuz thinking about pushing him over...

 
At 5:47 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

So, you DID read about how I went postal on that trucker last week right? Can you IMAGINE what I'd have said to Mr. I'm-in-a-Wheelchair-so-I-can-be-an-ahole? Lemme at 'im! :) I'm glad you're cheered up. Telling someone off when they deserve it can do that to you!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home