Thursday, February 15, 2007

I can't wait to post the "After" pix....

Oh,..I know it looks ragged... ..sorta like a scene from "Tobacco road..
and a little bleak..
Maybe even downright pitiful!

BUT!..It's what needs to happen before the house is painted..
Finally,after a year and a half of promises,the landlord is painting the old homestead.
The overgrown trees and brush have been cleared,the old paint has been scraped away,and all the joints have been caulked.
We're gonna be better insulated,and just maybe we won't have to hear,"Oh,..you live in THAT house" ever again... I'm so happy,I could squirt..

10 Comments:

At 7:04 AM , Blogger Citymouse said...

I cant wait to see the after!!! What color???

 
At 1:37 PM , Blogger Allan said...

I wish my home looked that nice.

 
At 4:29 PM , Blogger apositivepessimist said...

*dodging the squirts*

Was it called "THAT" house because of the vines that were covering it [just going by the tracks that they left]...I also can't wait to see the end result after the paint-over.

 
At 9:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everything old is new again...la dee da dum dee da da da (twirls away)

 
At 7:30 AM , Blogger the rube said...

the old unpainted house has a "cannery row" feel about it. i can picture mac and the boys catching frogs for the professor. it has a nice look to it.

 
At 9:48 AM , Blogger Sling said...

Hi kids!-I'm not sure what color it's gonna be.
They do the work like little housepainting elves while the Lizard King and I are at work.Anything will be better than "Amityville Horror" White and blue.

 
At 7:54 PM , Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

lookout below...squirts on the way..
I think a nice off white with dark gray trim...can't wait to see the pictures..of after..

 
At 2:31 AM , Blogger HORIZON said...

Looking forward to seeing the results Sling :)

 
At 9:46 AM , Blogger CS said...

I lived in a house once that was paited that blue color all over. Ugh. But, I've always kind of liked the look of peeling white houses.

 
At 1:04 AM , Blogger Middle Child said...

It looks like a lovely old house wth lots of charm...no doubt better after paint etc... but 100% on these modern McMansions everyone seems to wnat to live in - looks like a real home with real people

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home