Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Somewhere along the line,I started shaving my Grandfather's face..


..this occurred to me yesterday morning,as I as scraping the ever increasing grey whiskers from my chin.
I've already moved on from the whole midlife crisis deal.You know,..Driving around in my 240-z,and surrounding myself with women 15 years my junior.Damm,I miss that...Still,I knew it was a phase even at the time,so I rode it out for all it was worth.
Now,I think I'm becoming fully initiated in the rockin' world of male menopause.

I find that I get moody and short tempered at the slightest provocation,thinking the whole time that there's no reason to feel that way,but not really giving a particular damn.
And why am I always cold?..Crap...I never used to get chills at room temperature.I'm growing way too attached to my Wal-Mart space heater if you ask me..
Is it normal to fore go going out to shoot some stick with a couple of buds in order to be in bed by 10 pm.....on Saturday night?...I don't think so.
It's probably just that it's winter time,and things just naturally tend to slow down in a hibernation,conserve the energy for the rites of Spring kinda thing.

THAT'S IT!!

Come March,I'll be motivated and energetic,and chompin' at the bit for a little excitement.The sun will shine high,and my days and nights will be filled with enthusiasm!
Birds will sing and all them hunny's,with all them legs,will be there for the picking..and I'll be ready for 'em.

I'll just need a few extra minutes each week,to trim the hair from my ears.

Labels:

11 Comments:

At 5:02 AM , Blogger Dan said...

Well for crap's sake, it's about time Blogger got this commenting problem fixed.

Dude, aging can suck but it can be really awesome too. But what's this about surrounding yourself with women 15 years my junior? That would mean that they're 38! That's old. Shoot for 35 years your junior.

Now we're talking! :)

 
At 5:51 AM , Blogger Sling said...

Dan-I ran into the comment problem all over Bloggertown...crap
I think George Burns was in his 80's when he said,"I liked 18 year old girls when I was 18,I see no reason to change now"..Then again,I ain't no George Burns ;)

 
At 10:24 AM , Blogger rosemary said...

If you only have grey hairs in your beard then you are still safe...it's when they meander elsewhere that you are in serious trouble......perhaps you need to start looking for a little mental stimulation...you know...older women with more experience...or you could go for an older woman with the head of a 20 year old transplanted last year! That might just work.

 
At 10:41 AM , Blogger the rube said...

you're right, getting old sucks!

i'm falling apart faster than a chinese motorcycle.

i don't know how joan rivers and hillary clinton manage to defy time but i can guess.

 
At 5:50 PM , Blogger Sling said...

Rosie- okay,..I love women of all ages.
I guess my real gripe is that,sooner or later,they wanna talk...:o

Ruby ROX!- LOL @ the chinese motorcycle thing..The problem with men getting facelifts is that eventually,your beardline reaches yer eyes..

 
At 11:45 PM , Blogger Allan said...

Arrgh! Ear hair! Not that I have any...

 
At 10:59 PM , Blogger Middle Child said...

Andrapause I think it is called...it exists! Men become pernickity...ponderous... prophetic (we're all doomed) they want their order in the universe and lose humour (not you I hope). They become self righteous...(look at Blair Bush and our Howard)We become a bit blowsy and hot hot hot...I would love to be cold...most men deny this state so its good to hear one actually admit it.

 
At 11:00 PM , Blogger Middle Child said...

I forgot..Sling I am constantly having to slick my husband's eyebrows back as they almost reach his chin unless trained back!!!

 
At 5:53 AM , Blogger CS said...

Aw, Jeez. 38 is NOT old for a woman. At 44, I'm not quite ready to roll over an die.

 
At 3:41 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

good morning ppl. I'm actually into shoes and I was digging allowing for regarding that particular make. The prices seeking the shoes were all over 170 dollars on every page. But completely I found this area selling them as a remedy for half price. I exceptionally like those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will probably order these. what is your opinion?

 
At 6:49 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

good morning everyone. I'm actually into shoes and I was looking as far as something that singular model. The prices due to the fact that the boots are all over 250 bucks on every site. But completely I bring about this site selling them for the benefit of half price. I absolutely want those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly order those. what can you tell me about these?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home