Friday, February 09, 2007

The next best thing to searing stomach cramps..

Holy crap!..It's raining buckets here in O-Town!
Now,I'm sure you are all thinking,"OMG!...How does this affect Sling?"
Well,I'm here to tell you,it ain't no friggin' picnic.

A) I pedaled my happy ass to work at 6:30 this morning,and arrived looking like a drowned rat.
B) There's no smoking in the building(..and rightfully so I might add...all those stains and lacquers and wood...Oh my!),so I had to stand outside under the eaves to have a smoke during breaks and lunch.*
12) When the day had thus passed in soggy servitude,I got to ride ol' Blue downtown to cash my check,stop by the liquor store,(okay...that part was fun),and arrive home after some 45 minutes of battling the elements like friggin' Admiral Peary.The whole time dodging O-Town's most creative drivers.

Happily,I arrived safely,albeit somewhat cranky..This too shall pass.

It's Friday!..and life is soaked to the skin in Sling's Domain.

*..Rain dripping from the roof onto yer ciggy makes for a dismal experience..which reminds me,Please don't throw cigarette butts in the urinals when using the Men's room over at Here's the 80's...It makes them soggy,and hard to light..

8 Comments:

At 8:33 PM , Blogger rosemary said...

Dry out, have a beer, watch some TV, sleep well, have a fun weekend, kiss the puppies for me. Charlie was a chocolate lab...my blogging started with stories of losing Chas.

 
At 10:28 PM , Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

ahh, a little of just the right things, and all is well...life doesn't suck..

 
At 7:17 AM , Blogger CS said...

Hey thanks! Suddenly my life is looking pretty sweet!

 
At 12:57 PM , Blogger Citymouse said...

rain, rain,
go away
come again some other day
Sing wants to go out and
smoke a cig.... er...
go out and play

 
At 3:39 PM , Blogger Dan said...

I pedaled my happy ass to work at 6:30 this morning,and arrived looking like a drowned rat.

This had me laughing out loud. I know. I know. I'm bad. I shouldn't be laughing at your misery, but I did. HA HA HA!! Oh man, sorry dude, but that guffaw just kind of snuck out.

OK, I'm leaving now.

 
At 6:49 PM , Blogger Middle Child said...

Can we have some of your rain please? Please? It hasn't rained since December and our water tanks are getting dangerously low 9we live out of town)... when it is winter and you are wet and cold its miserable...poor little drowned rat... and to here such as me talk about sun and blue skies and no rain seems as attractive as it is for us here with 85% humidity, high temps and endless dry to imagine being rained on...

If you all wish your rain over here to NSW Australia maybe thought will have wings and we'll get some...but not too much okay.

 
At 7:41 PM , Blogger Middle Child said...

Wow Sling! How powerful! Somebody must have read my comment (above) because it started bucketting down rain late last night and still raining...tanks are filling up, plants already looking revived... whoever thought to send the rain on over thanks okay.

 
At 11:37 AM , Blogger Lorraine said...

Poor Sling. That explains the new "look" you were sporting over at the club this weekend. And dude, don't fish cigarettes out of the urinal anymore. That's just nasty. I know where JP hides his.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home