Sunday, February 04, 2007

Just Sayin'..

The Superbowl is gettin' ready to begin soon,so I'll probably be offline for a bit...Yeah,..That'll happen.
I'll jump up every break and click on my links,and check my E-mail because,"Hi,...I'm Sling,..and I'm a Blog addict".

Anywhiz,..Today is Sunday,which is my traditional day for counting the numerous and notable blessings the good Lord,in his infinite and seemingly arbitrary fashion,has chosen to bestow on the least of his wretched children..That would be me.
I talked to my daughter today and she is FINALLY hooked up to the internets.This is gonna make it a helluva lot easier to keep in touch with her and her brother,and all the little slinglets runnin' around SoCal, (we're talkin' web cams here kids).In addition,fears that she had been harboring regarding a medical situation have proven to be unfounded...This pleases me.

You know,..Some very nice people,have posted some very nice things about me the last couple of weeks.Something that,frankly,I'm unaccustomed to.Citymouse,lorraine,and JP..You don't know how much That means to me...or maybe you do,because you have such beautiful spirits.In any case!...I love you guys...and that's all I wanted to say about that.

It's 20 minutes till game time,so I'm gonna head to the VIP lounge to watch the Superbowl on the giant,high definition,surround sound,grab yer babies,wide screen television that accidentally "fell off the truck" right around the corner from Here's the 80's...thanx Guido.. ;)

Labels: , , , ,

18 Comments:

At 5:50 PM , Blogger barista brat said...

heh heh, "slinglets".

if your kids were wrestlers they'd be "slinglets in singlets"

 
At 5:54 PM , Blogger Sling said...

:)...That was fun!

 
At 6:06 PM , Blogger rosemary said...

I have a web cam....great to say hello to the kids. I also use the still shots for screen savers. I was gonna post a really long comment and make you miss one of those really great SB commercials, but I am really busy reading blogs so I guess I won't say much...hey, what about my spirit? I commented about your grey beard, your bike and asked for a damn job...that's spirit isn't it? Or did the dog fart...I'm not sure. Front doors in the garage are for sure a guy's thing...plus all of the crap that you see when you drive into the garage and open the front door! Special.

 
At 6:35 PM , Blogger Sling said...

Rosie-Rest assured,there isn't a single person on my blogroll that hasn't touched me in some way..Hell,..I love all you guys. ;)..and I already saw the commercial I wanted to see.The one where the couple pick up the hitchhiker with the ax and Bud light..That's funny shit right there!..

 
At 9:06 PM , Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

glad you will be in closer contact with kiddos..that's a good thing..mine are speaking to me again...if you leave them alone long enough, they come running back..ha..
da bears....lost...

 
At 9:31 PM , Blogger Sling said...

Jackie sue-I have been trying for YEARS to get my kids on the net..It's the easiest and most satisfying way to keep them close....and you have no idea how happy I am that 'Da Bears' got their ass kicked. ;)

 
At 6:29 AM , Blogger Lorraine said...

We were wondering where that big screen came from...just the right touch. I'll tell you what, Sling...you just think of everything. It's why we keep you around. That and, you know, 'cause we love ya.

 
At 7:27 AM , Blogger Allan said...

Weird- a parent TRYING to get his kids to spend MORE time on-line.

Where do they park that truck, BTW?

 
At 11:10 AM , Blogger the rube said...

i hope you run out of fingers and have to take off your shoes to count your blessings.

 
At 4:30 PM , Blogger Sling said...

lorraine-Yep...The VIP lounge is coming along quite nicely..I've been up on the roof,and I'm pretty sure I can get us free cable. :)

allan-It is totally wierd!..I practically had to force them to get a computer...and I think that truck is parked in Tijuana long about now..


Ruby rocks-Oh,I can count 'em all the way up to 21 if I'm nekkid. :0

 
At 6:44 PM , Blogger Dan said...

Super Bowl? Whaddat?

Oh ... that wussie game where everyone wears thick padding and helmets? Oh that!

 
At 7:08 PM , Blogger Sling said...

Dan- In truth,I watched it mainly for the commercials,and the munchies we had on hand.It was one of the better games I've seen in the Superbowl for a while.

 
At 8:50 PM , Blogger Cassandra said...

"Discount electronics" eh?
Google is evil!!!!

 
At 9:00 PM , Blogger Sling said...

babs-o-babs-...I spit on Google!...PTOOO!

 
At 10:13 PM , Blogger rosemary said...

Ahh, Sling my man it is far too late to sand the friggin wood anymore....what ever grit I used took some of the pressed leaf design off!!! So, I will have several shades of wood in the stupid bathroom. I stained and finished all of the shelves in the kitchen without a glitch...now between the damn fuzzies, the stain and the fact that even with the garage heaters (yes, the hubby has the garages heated)cranked up to 90 degrees, the urethane is tacky! CRAP.

 
At 11:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was fun the way you got me to distract the driver by asking for directions to the Piggly Wiggly while you made that big-screen "fall" off the truck.

We need to do that again sometime. Papa wants surround sound.

 
At 9:31 AM , Blogger Lorraine said...

Free cable? Yay! But no one will be allowed to watch any Viacom networks because they are bastards who suck and we are boycotting them.

 
At 1:57 PM , Blogger Citymouse said...

my dad doesnt have the internet and to be honest I dont know if he could deal with my blog as well as mom, so I think its a good thing.

Oh, Sling... love you too

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home