Saturday, February 17, 2007

A Day in the life...


(Excerpt from court ordered "Intensive Rehabilitation" Journal)

-Session #6-
Discussed how our beliefs and feelings will produce our actions...e.g.We like the feeling so we continue to use..Much like Pavlov's dogs,the bell rings,and we salivate.
Pos.Rein. 1)action produces good=Reinforced
Neg.Rein. 2)Action relieves bad=Reinforced
Neg. 3)action Produces bad=Not reinforced

[ *Why do we continue to do things that produce negative results??]
1) Instant Gratification
New kids came in today..I like helping them get oriented as best I can..
A little concerned about the guys who get sentenced here sans A.O.D. use..Must be difficult for them to relate.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tues 7/21/01
Intro'd a topic;Was there a point in your A.O.D.use when you realised,"I have a problem,and need help"..for me it was when I lost custody of my five year old son...Haven't seen him in 3 years..Can't ever get these years back..-
Topic; How has your A.O.D. use affected people around you?...
Over the years,people close to me have tried painfully to get me to get under control...I guess the disappointment in their eyes is gonna be with me for a long time...Hard to think about...
-next-

Edit:I pull this journal out occasionally,to remind myself how bad things can be,and to remember how great things are now.
Click pic to enlarge...

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

At 1:38 PM , Blogger Citymouse said...

the reason to keep a journal or blog

 
At 2:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just love love love you ya know.

 
At 4:45 PM , Blogger Sling said...

Citymouse-It really does help put things in perspective

Vangie-Well I just love you right back sunshine ;)

 
At 7:49 PM , Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

The Goddess and I are sending you a huge gigantic cosmic kiss.....should be getting there right about........




now...

 
At 2:46 AM , Blogger HORIZON said...

l think everyone should keep a journal- even if it is just a sentence a day, a word, a doodle- everyone has a story.
l enjoy blogging because it shares a relative reflection of yourself but it is not quite the same (for me) as keeping a diary. In a diary you can write your more intimate thoughts, feelings, experiences, ideas and dreams- helps keep all in focus. ;) Looking back- looking forward- your life!
Nice post Sling- l am thankful for where l am today too- has been a long and winding road.
Bests

 
At 7:01 AM , Blogger tkkerouac said...

An intersting read.

 
At 7:43 AM , Blogger Dan said...

I pull this journal out occasionally,to remind myself how bad things can be,and to remember how great things are now.

Amen my friend! By the way, when I click on the graphic, it does enlarge but not enough for me to read it.

 
At 10:07 AM , Blogger Sling said...

horizon-Journals,diarys,blogs,..They're like time travel.when I go back on these things I can "feel' the place I was in.

tkkerouac-Hi tk,..thanks for stopping by and commenting. :)

dan-It enlarges pretty good for me...It's just the handwritten version of my post.

 
At 5:33 AM , Blogger apositivepessimist said...

And a bloody good reminder it would be at that. At how far you have come and to what you are heading for. Nice.

You are a fascinating, good, but mainly REAL person Sling, no wonder I/we love you heaps.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home