Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Let's talk about ME for a change..

Shut up...


I can see cs,peering through her star burst patterned pitted windshield,wondering if I'm ever going to respond to her Meme.

Well,it turned out to be a lot harder than I thought.
Particularly trying to come up with things that start with those pesky letters that reside at the tail end of the alphabet.
But I'm getting ahead of myself.
Follows the requisite,.er..required things;

1. You have to post these rules before you give the facts.

2. You must list one fact that is somehow relevant to your life for each letter of your middle name. If you don’t have a middle name, use the middle name you would have liked to have had.

3. At the end of your blog post, you need to choose one person for each letter of your middle name to tag. Don’t forget to leave a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.


My middle name is Wayne.You know,..like Bruce Wayne,Batman's alter ego.
Coincidence?..I'll let you decide.
Okay,I'm stalling here,trying to come up with something relevant to the letter "W".
I mean,..besides Weasels and Wombats,which are a story for another time,the first thing that springs to mind is,


W- Women.
I have 2 sisters,2 ex-wives,1 daughter,3 granddaughters,and I pretty much spent the entire decade of the 80's in the constant pursuit of that elusive sweet surrender.


A- Asshole.
An appellation I acquired as a general result of the above mentioned pursuits.


Y- Yin and Yang.
It's all about balance boys and girls!..From Stoic deprivation to notorious excess,I've somehow always managed to find top-dead-center when I needed it.


N- Nuance.
God is in the details,and there is always more to things than meets the eye.I frequently obsess over these notions.


E- Environment.
My own,that is..The mountains,the desert,by the sea..I want to have lived in as many different climes,and experienced as many things peculiar to them as I can..I want to be an Earthling.

As is my usual custom,I'll casually ignore rule #3,and extend the invitation to all and sundry that wish to participate.
Meanwhile,..we're having tri-tip tonight!!
It's 103 degrees here in O-Town.Too hot to cook indoors,so we simply must barbecue....Peace out.

25 Comments:

At 6:19 PM , Blogger Lex Lata said...

Thanks for that. Really. I feel like I know you much better now. It's a good feeling.

 
At 6:44 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

L, is for the way you LOOK at me...
O, is for the...um, town you live in...by the...er, SEA!
V, is for the very

EXTRA ordinary, no wait...

I think that line is reserved for 'E'. Oh hells bells, how does that damn song go? *sigh*

 
At 7:22 PM , Blogger Lorraine said...

You're a fine man, Sling. I'd never call you an asshole. To your face.

 
At 8:49 PM , Blogger Sling said...

Lex-My life's an open book buddy..Well,..except for the weasels and wombats thing.
Some things are best left to themselves.

Hat-Oh great..now I've got your version stuck in my head.

lorraine-Thanks!..and ,..er..thanks.. ;)

 
At 9:02 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Y was brilliant. Overcoming adversity with your usual wit and aplomb.

 
At 9:07 PM , Blogger Sling said...

jan- I can't tell you glad I am that my middle name isn't Nebuchadnezzer.

 
At 9:34 PM , Blogger Mom said...

Yes, definitely Batman.

 
At 9:52 PM , Blogger Sling said...

Thanks mom!.. :)

 
At 2:10 AM , Blogger Middle Child said...

103 degrees ...thats hot... we have had such a good winter here I forgot how hot summer gets...hmmmnot sure I want to know with all the red bellied black snakes we get hereabouts... but at least it'll be lioghter in the evenings...103that is hot....

 
At 8:16 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I share your quest for being an earthling. I need to live in the mountains, and the desert, and then I will have experienced just about all of the various climes...

 
At 7:57 PM , Blogger Sling said...

middle child-This has been among the hotest days of the season.Still,I kind of envy you moving into spring and summer.I was gonna complain about all the mosquitos hereabouts,but I'm guessin' having red-bellied black snakes buzzing about is a tad more annoying.

tater-I haven't done like,Arctic stuff,but the only environment left on my life list is humid sub-tropical..I want to spend some time in the Amazon.
I think I'll have earned my stripes after that.

 
At 2:37 AM , Blogger 7237161 said...

Sup Hershy Wanted to say hi..... Hi

 
At 7:17 AM , Blogger Sling said...

7237161-Hiya Bud..Give matty a hug for me.

 
At 8:02 AM , Blogger the rube said...

those w's can be tricky.

a puzzle i may never figure out.

 
At 9:55 AM , Blogger Allan said...

W= Well done!

 
At 2:11 PM , Blogger more cowbell said...

Wombats are seriously one of my favorite animals.

 
At 11:50 PM , Blogger Traveling Matt said...

who doesn't love the benevolent asshole? we should start a club.

 
At 4:32 PM , Blogger rosemary said...

Proof that some assholes are really neat people...Wayne? Really ? Sling Wayne Sling?

 
At 9:24 AM , Blogger booda baby said...

I'm impressed you could sort out the rules to that meme. I'd have started with Wery Smart for Figuring This Out' - yeah, YOU wouldn't because you're all humble and stuff, but I would. Which is why no one hands me a meme that I wouldn't do anyway.

 
At 7:00 PM , Blogger Sling said...

Hi kids!..
I'm on the lizzard king's computer because I've been unable to sign in to blogger for the last couple of days.
I'm pretty sure that my template got screwed up,so I'm in the process of trying to fix it.
I'll be around to see y'all ASAP.. :)

 
At 10:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sling is Batman. This, more than anything else in the history of everything, explains EVERYTHING.

 
At 9:16 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, finally, Slingman... I am proud of you. Your true identity and for all to see. Amen brother, you have now joined the mememememe club and don't you feel the better for it?

Stay cool. We got down to 48, and up to 72. Fall is almost here. BBQ on. MOJO babeee.

 
At 10:47 AM , Blogger more cowbell said...

Ah, computer woes. I was just coming to do a little desperate and needy blogstalking. "Where are you? We never talk anymore! Is it me?"

Your clock went digital!

 
At 8:58 AM , Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

wow...an earthling..!..I like that..if the people of the world worried less about what country they came from and concentrated on all being from the same planet..this would be a better place to live...you just solved the worlds problem sling..you da earthling..

 
At 9:04 PM , Blogger CS said...

Nice post. I agree about wanting to live (or at least visit) as many different kinds of plcaes as possible, and experience as much of the world as I can, too.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home