Saturday, August 04, 2007

The Persian Version..

Some people are just fun to be around.
You know the type..They have that next level brand of personality,that makes your average everyday stuff seem like an adventure.

That would be Sar..

Sar is a dear friend of the family that has come up from the Bay Area,in an effort to make some positive changes in her life,..which is a whole other story that I might relate at some future date.Suffice it to say,"Been there..Done that".
Anywhiz..I come out of my room the other night,to find her doing the "Happy Dance" in the living room.Now,I've been around long enough to recognize the symptoms.

"You got yer period,didn't you?"..(This had been a matter of some concern).

"YES!"..Happy dance some more..

"Go to the store with me,I need to get some Tampons!"..


I guess this kind of thing is uncomfortable for some guys,but this is nothing new under the sun for me.
A big sister,two wives,and various assorted and sundry live-ins has rendered me immune to the whole late night ritual of tossing a box of feminine protection on the checkout stand.Hell,as long as I'm there,I may as well get a bottle o' whiskey,..you know,..for medicinal purposes.


Food-Maxx is one of those huge stores where you can buy stuff at a tidy discount.You bag your own items,and enjoy some small savings for the effort..It's like that.I'm just not readily familiar with the location of the product du-jur,so we look around for an employee to help us find the forbidden aisle....Meet "Scooter Boy".
Fresh out of night stocker,(I just made that up) school,proudly ensconced on his electric mini-forklift thingy,and ready to deal with any situation..

With the possible exception of Sar.


Sar: "Hey!..Scooter boy..You guys got any trial size Tampons?"..*wink*
.."Huh?"..
Me: "She said she wants to try on a Tampon!"..Sar thought that was funny.

..Clearly,they hadn't covered this on orientation day...
"Oh,..aisle 3..This way".

Scooter boy kicks it in high gear,and disappears around the corner.
Sar: "Kewl!..A guided tour!"..


By the time Sar and I get to aisle 3,Scooter Boy is already there,steadfast on his electric forklift thingy,and holding a brightly colored box in each hand..
As we round the corner,he looks Sar dead in the face,(This is where his prior fast food experience kicks in),and query's..
"Umm..Did you want wings with that?"..

..Later..


Me: "Sar,mind if I blog about our little shopping trip?"
Sar: "G'head..It was funny!"
Me: "Let me get a pic of you to post with it..People like that".
Sar: "Well,..I'm a little camera shy,but okay..How's this Sling?"..."Sling??"


Like I said.Some people are just fun to be around.


22 Comments:

At 11:28 PM , Blogger more cowbell said...

She sounds like a riot. And hello, I'd so buy her cd if that was the cover.

 
At 7:55 AM , Blogger the rube said...

"you want wings with that"

next time i'm sent to the store, guess what i'm gonna say.

 
At 11:54 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least no one wished her a happy period. Well, until she opened the box...

 
At 2:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am going to be so flattered the next time someone says that I'm "fun-to-be-around" because now I know what that really means.

 
At 3:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

...must be something catchey going on down there...Sar looks like the girl in the poster on your wall.

Shopping will never be the same in O-ville.

 
At 3:49 PM , Blogger Judy said...

Well, I'm not a guy, but if I were, I think I'd go shopping for anything with Sar...

Wings with that? Too funny!

 
At 5:13 PM , Blogger CS said...

Sounds like a blast to be with. How funny that the kid had to do the tour on a forklift.

 
At 6:37 PM , Blogger Serena said...

She sounds like a lot of fun to have around.

Back in my dating days, tampon runs were the litmus test of a relationship. If he was too weenie to go to the store and buy them, it was adios amigo.:-)

 
At 7:12 PM , Blogger Sling said...

M.Cowbelle-CD's are on sale in the lobby.. ;)

The Rube-..lol..just do it..it's fun!

jan-well,to be honest,I did sing the "Happy period to you" song.

Hat-..and you should be flattered..It's not a compliment to be handed out lightly. ;)

cs-That poster is classic "Vargas"..Sar picked up on that.

The Wiz-No doubt,she has plenty of guys willing to hold her purse while she shops..

CS-Scooter-Boy was on the job..no question about it.

Serena Joy-I actually get a kick out of the look on the cashier's face,when I go to the checkout stand with a box of Tampons,a liter of whiskey,and the economy size package of cinnamon rolls..you know..on a Saturday night.. ;)

 
At 9:03 PM , Blogger Traveling Matt said...

Scooter Boy is also pretty funny. You, him and Sar should have all gone out for shakes, colas and cheese fries after his shift was over.

 
At 9:05 PM , Blogger Lorraine said...

Feminine hygiene hijinks!

 
At 11:11 AM , Blogger Mom said...

I've been giggling all day about this post.

 
At 2:14 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

OMG - that is just too funny!

And now I know who that stranger was on my surveillance video of you raiding my fridge this weekend. She was the one spraying the whipped cream directly into her mouth, then on her....ahem.... and you were licking it off...yeah, I saw you guys!

 
At 4:52 PM , Blogger rosemary said...

I can't think of a thing to say.......unusual for me isn't it.

 
At 6:02 PM , Blogger Sling said...

monica-I made fun of scooter boy,but yeah,..he's worth his weight in quotes alone. :)

lorraine-Damm!...wish I'd said that.

mom-My posts are a little like sauerkraut and kielbasa...They keep coming back on you. ;)

gina-..any chance I can get copies o' that video?

rosie- S'ok..you really shouldn't talk with a mouthful of fried chicken anyway. :)

 
At 8:26 AM , Blogger Citymouse said...

It is so fun to be around fun people! Oh, and if they are that hot-- even better

 
At 2:15 PM , Blogger Allan said...

Wow, sounds like a great time and a cool person- does she do Roller Derby
Have I mentioned my weakness for female musicians who do Roller Derby? Have I mentioned it in the last five minutes?
No?
How about now?
Oh. Right.
Nothing but good things to say!

 
At 6:34 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

For a price.... ;)

 
At 10:47 PM , Blogger Middle Child said...

Sje is just lovely isn't she? I just love people who can get away with this stuff with such style... "dp you want wings with that?" he he he

As for the Whiskey...sob...haven't been ablt to handle the damn stuff since I hit Menopause, which is probable a good thing...just stick to the old Gin's handbag (ooowahhh any Aussies will be disgusted with me here) and have my old cask of Chardonnay...

Gwan gawan ask me what a Gon's handbag is... I dare you.

 
At 10:48 PM , Blogger Middle Child said...

Bloody hell lookit all the typos...and its only 3.30pm...

 
At 10:49 PM , Blogger Middle Child said...

Even sillier on thrid reading omygawd

 
At 9:05 AM , Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

i think she needs her own blog..id read her...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home