Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Wednesday 411

Yesterday on the way back from our install,we were forced to take an alternate route to the shop due to a raging fire,South of O-Town.
It turns out one of the fellas had to leave work around 1:00 pm to evacuate his wife and sons from his house!
Well I kept an eye on the local news,and they reported that more than 20 homes had been destroyed.
Needless to say I was pretty concerned for my bud,but when I got to work this morning he reported that everything was fine,and that the fire had shifted direction just short of his home.
One of the contractors that we build for wasn't so lucky however.
He lost everything...No real point here.Just thinkin' about how quickly,and unexpectedly these kinds of things can happen.

Switching gears..

WOO HOO!!..(how's that for some blogger whiplash?).
In just two days,as many of you know,I'll be graced with the delightful presence of Honey's in Triplicate!

Hat,Lorraine,and The Child will be arriving from Monte Carlo,via private jet,and will be the honored guests of Sling's Domain.
Gotta love this blog thing of ours,that brings together people that would otherwise never have met.

I know these gentle folks,as surely as if we had been next door neighbors trading anecdotes over the back fence for the last 3 years.
Still,I can't imagine anything more wonderful than actually getting to sit,and talk,and laugh with them in person.
Plus!!..I have it on good authority that applesauce cake will be involved.

It's Wednesday,and life is good in Sling's Domain.

Labels:

16 Comments:

At 7:54 PM , Blogger sageweb said...

You are so lucky not just the applesauce cake but meeting up with them wild women.

 
At 8:09 PM , Blogger Sling said...

Sage- Fortune has smiled upon me indeed!

 
At 8:22 PM , Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

its such a great feeling you meet your friends..i met sooner, and that was wonderful..and now i met babs and she moved here..junebugg is coming for westfest, buddha girl and family might come..sooner is supposed to come and tex and his wife might come down...we wont have applesauce cake, but there will be plenty of kolaches, sausages and pevo..enjoy...

 
At 8:22 PM , Blogger billy pilgrim said...

this is where all that bike riding is gonna pay off.

 
At 8:30 PM , Blogger Sling said...

yellerdawg- So many of my blog buds have gotten to meet each other,but this is s first for me.
I hear good things about the experience. :)

Billy P.- HA!..Even better than when I ride it past a gas station!

 
At 9:11 PM , Blogger Mom said...

Life is a fragile and precarious thing. Each moment needs to enjoyed.
Gear shift-
Sounds like quite a party is going to be happening is Sling's Domain!

 
At 4:12 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm jealous! Hope you guys have a fantastic get-together.

 
At 6:29 AM , Blogger Allan said...

So cool! Hat will be delivering a firm proxy handshake and an approximation of a manly hug for me...all the sloppy stuff is strictly from her and her alone, hahaha!

Meeting blog pals is great. Next month will be the 4th time for me...is it July yet?

 
At 10:33 AM , Blogger booda baby said...

I love how we're all excited. I'll take my thrills as vicariously as I can and this one is promising to be mighty good. Well, except that I STILL won't have any applesauce cake.

 
At 12:01 PM , Blogger LostInColor said...

Lucky you, Honeys AND applesauce cake!!

 
At 7:03 PM , Blogger austexgrl said...

Sling..good for you...No! Great for you...enjoy! and a word of thanks about your friends..to the higher power that is!

 
At 10:39 AM , Blogger Doralong said...

We want lots and lots of pictures! And video too!!

 
At 12:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tell The Hat not to bogart the things she usually bogarts.

Do not let Lorraine near your computer if you see a "Sims 2" disk in her hand.

And hug The Child, because she's so damn cute.

 
At 9:11 PM , Blogger Citymouse said...

<----green mouse~!

 
At 10:52 AM , Blogger Lorraine said...

Oh, I'd leave a comment but I'm having too much fun with you. Sigh....

 
At 4:04 PM , Blogger Middle Child said...

The blogs are like that Sling - I've been away for a while and will be for a week but my daughter has a computer so will now catch up on what you all have been up to.

Bushfires really are horrible - everything you think you can't live without can be gone within minutes - but life goes on - as long as you have life itself.

We have the rural bushfire people come out here and tell us what to do to minimise bushfires and if they come , what to do to save our houses and when to stay or not - I have learnt a lot. Not sure how brave I would be.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home