Thursday, August 10, 2006

THE ONCE IN A LIFETIME,BAR NONE,"HERE'S ONE FOR THE HISTORY BOOKS",BEST POST EVER!!..



..That's what I had written.

Take my word for it!..It was a well thought out,masterfully crafted and insightful piece of top o' the line Bloggerism...Then I clicked ,"Publish Post" and the whole thing went to shit.

"Blogger is temporarily down for scheduled maintenance between 4:00 P.M. and 4:45 P.M."....WELL,NO SHIT!!..Why,of course you are!..It can't be reproduced,..the words had flowed like,...well,...stuff that flows really easy!

I mean,..I've had EXACTLY a 45 minute window in the last two days to pay proper attention to my Blog,and everything constructive I had to say was summarily executed with the press of a button...SO,..You all get to hear me rant instead. :P

*** BUSINESS WOULD BE GREAT!" ***

...If it weren't for the customers..

One of the fellas that normally does installations has been out sick the last two days,so I abandoned my usual duties in an effort to complete a couple of jobs.After all,money doesn't change hands until the work is done,..Know what I'm sayin'?..

Anywhang,..I had all but forgotten how much I really dislike dealing with the public.
"How much does that weigh?"
"Do you guys actually cut the trees yourself?"
"If I want to change colors later,how do I go about that?"
Jeesuus lady!!...Can't you just enjoy your new cabinets and shut the fuck up???..No,I didn't say that.I answered her questions with a comforting smile,and even offered some "insider" tips on how to maintain the beauty and function of her newly renovated kitchen for years to come...and it gave me an historic knot in my stomach to refrain from shoving a solid Oak toekick up her ass.

I really,REALLY, shouldn't be allowed in public...I know this..

I love my ethereal Blogger friends.Safely tucked away in the netherworld of my laptop.Always there...Always supportive.

It's just that,..The more people I meet in real life,..the more I like my dog.

I'm posting the two pix I was able to take in between the incessant parade of inane questions our highly valued customer sought to inflict.Time,and patience,had been thoroughly drained...Peace Out.

10 Comments:

At 9:13 PM , Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

ohhh hsent that happened to us all...oh fuck...
yea..i love all my blogger friends.
and probably cause we are in cyber space together and not next door to each other..can you imagine being my neighbor for longer than a week with out wanting to kick the living shit out of my naked rain dancing ass?....huh huh..

 
At 9:37 PM , Blogger Cassandra said...

People used to laugh at me at work when I said I didn't like people. Dumb asses.
Yeah for the Blogging world where other crazies and misfits can come together and make fun of stupid people.

 
At 1:43 AM , Blogger Grish said...

Hey, I'm with ya' buddy.

I like the pantry door really well and the cabinets look great.

 
At 11:45 AM , Blogger barista brat said...

did you frost the glass yourself?

what's the origin of the word "pantry"?

do you think in ten years time the wood mixed with white microwave will look dated?

i'm just guessing these questions weren't heard in your mad dash to get out of there. didn't want you to feel as if you'd missed out on anything.

 
At 12:03 PM , Blogger Lorraine said...

That pantry door is pretty way cool.

(And just a thought, offered ever so politely so as not to get a solid oak door kick up my ass because, ow, but I'm trying to train myself to write my posts in Word and save them before copying them over to Blogger. That way if Blogger decides to be a bastard at least my brilliance isn't lost forever. I'm now going to back slowly out of your laptop saying, "Nice cabinets, Sling, nice job").

Whew, that was close.

 
At 4:41 PM , Blogger Allan said...

Blogging in Word is cool because you can do it at most jobs, formatting seems somewhat capricious though.

Sling, I feel your pain. You shoulda heard this solo that I forgot to hit record on...I was channelin' Jimi , maaann...

 
At 4:54 PM , Blogger Sling said...

Yellowdog G.-Kick yer ass?...Hell,I'd pay money to see that!

jane-LOL..and then I think,"How many people have written scathing diatribes on their blogs after having encountered me?"

charlie-THATS what I'm talkin' about right there!..I say we take the public out back and whup the tar out of 'em.

grish-Thanx bud.This was a pretty basic design.We have a very nice Knotty Alder install coming up that I hope to get some pictures of.

B.Brat-No,
I think it's French,
The microwave will certainly be obsolete,and real wood will be declared unlawful to possess due to "National Security" concerns :)

lorraine-...I really do know I should save my stuff in Word,so I was a little mad at myself for not doing so.
Also,I may have exaggerated the brilliance of my post just a smidge..BUT!...hey,it could have been all that and a bag of chips,Blogger doesn't know!....bastards..
Thanx Kid :)

 
At 4:59 PM , Blogger Sling said...

allan-Oh,that's gotta hurt dude!..Sometimes,the best you can do is file those flashes of genius under "memory".

 
At 5:08 PM , Blogger apositivepessimist said...

I guess it could give you new appreciation for the guy that usually does the installations?

 
At 5:35 PM , Blogger Sling said...

apos-I work with the best bunch of people.There are only 9 of us,and we all really do appreciate the work each person does.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home