Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Along the way...

I've always thought the best part about reaching any destination,is the trip.
About an hour after hittin' the road in our poor-man's Lincoln,we stopped at an atmospheric Mom and Pop joint for some scrambled eggs and burnt toast.
The service was warm and hospitable,and the food was "just like mom used to make"...'nuff said.


..Somewhere in Lake county,Ca..
I needed a smoke,and Little newt needed to drain his lizzard,(HAHAHA!...sorry)
so we pulled into a rest area off Hwy 20W..

Traveler's Warning!...Do NOT turn yer back on these winged bastards!.. So we arrive at Fort Bragg.
Dude!..The low-end rooms at our hotel are undergoing "Maintenance",so we get the upgrade for the same price.
This is the modest "partial" ocean view from our balcony..

...a short walk down the beach at dusk.

Tomorrow,we'll head on into the forest.
Rest assured fellow travelers,there will be more attempts at practically amateur photos to follow..(Photos to follow??..fotos to follow..pix to peruse..snaps to synapse..)...CRAP!..There I go,..trying too hard.

****In other news****

I got the livin' shit smacked outta me over at Italk2much.com...


They had the unmitigated gall to actually give an honest review of my blog...BASTARDS!..
These guys would just as soon cut yer throat as peel an apple,..
They'd get a woman pregnant,just to kill a rabbit!..(a quality I admire in a first-date kind of situation.)..Still,..my delicate sensibilities may have been permanently damaged...
...I'll probably never get over it...
Check 'em out anyway.It's great fun!

14 Comments:

At 6:46 AM , Blogger Citymouse said...

wow, you are brave... I dont think i could submit my blog(s). I coundt take it-- the pain of rejection. Cant wait to see more picutres

 
At 7:40 AM , Blogger Sling said...

citymouse-Trust me,when you've stood in front of as many judges as I have,you develope a pretty thick skin.
I once got acquitted of a DUI charge because my lawyer convinced the jury that I wasn't drunk,..just stupid.
I read IT2M everyday...they crack me up. :)

 
At 1:43 PM , Blogger rosemary said...

The pix..pics..shots...are beautiful....and you took your trusty laptop with you? Have a great time Sling.

 
At 2:05 PM , Blogger Allan said...

Eh, I wouldn't get too upset by them - they can't even proof-read their critiques, yet they call you sloppy:

"That and the frequent lack of a space after commas and periods makes it looks like the his keyboard’s space bar went nuts."

That's sloppy.

Fuck other people's awards. I give myself awards when I deserve them- you are giving yourself (& N) a well-deserved award by taking the trip! Enjoy!

 
At 3:50 PM , Blogger the rube said...

the world is full of simon cowell wannabes.

this guy seems to have come with a cool gimmick. i'll have to keep my eye on his venom.

free upgrades! if that isn't nice, what is?

 
At 4:59 PM , Blogger barista brat said...

wow - great photos!

glad you're adventure has started off so well!

 
At 7:25 PM , Blogger Sling said...

roesmary- :) It seems like 99% of the great sights go by at 55(ahem..70) miles an hour when you're on the road.
This is beautiful country,and we're havin' a ball!

allan-dude,..I'm truly not upset.
These guys tell ya straight up that they're gonna hate yer shitty blog.
I figured I'd be lucky to escape with a "short bus"..

rube-Damm!...I forgot to mention.
The ocean view building is closer to their wireless internet source,so we can connect in our room rather than having to go down to the Dining hall.
...TOTALLY ROCKS!...

B.Brat-There are three generations of males let loose on an unsuspecting public...What could go wrong? ;)

 
At 9:55 PM , Blogger Lorraine said...

Golly. That is so damned typical of America. Find a way to piss all over anybody who tries to do anything. Bastards. If they know you like we do....which really, ain't that the point? Frak 'em if they can't take a Sling, that's what I say.

Can you imagine how much they'd hate my blog?

Anyway, sounds like your trip is off to a great start and I'm so glad we get to come along for the ride.

 
At 10:41 PM , Blogger Sling said...

lorraine-All kidding aside,I can't imagine ANYONE hating your blog,with the possible exception of Viacom,and Miss Peroni,my 6th grade teacher.
We had a blast today!
Now I gotta download pix and clean them up.We're heading home early in the morning so I'll try to get something posted tomorrow....or Friday.. :)

 
At 3:12 AM , Blogger Grish said...

Road Trip! Road Trip! :-)

 
At 3:45 AM , Blogger apositivepessimist said...

ohh ducks are mean little mofo's...I'm so glad we can eat them.

oh you bloody tryhard!!

two smacks...not too bloody shabby Slingoh.

 
At 2:59 PM , Blogger CS said...

Oh blah, blah, blah, blah, blah! Who the hell are they? One of their reviews criticized the boring color of a blog? For the love of God, that's petty.

 
At 8:22 PM , Blogger Middle Child said...

Maybe what they don't like in other's blogs is what is wrong with theirs...hmmm... come to think of it its pretty hard to follow and rather predictable...and why don't they showall their rrreeaaall faces... maybe its just one person...

 
At 8:02 PM , Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

I'm afraid if they gave me a bad review I would hunt them down and bitch slap them into a coma..
ducks are homocidial maniacs..

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home