Sunday, June 03, 2007

"The time has come",the Walrus said..

.."to talk of many things".

Legendary disc jockey,and semi-professional hitch-hiker alan has tagged me to execute the following maneuver;

Rules Are:* Each blogger starts with eight - ten random facts/habits about themselves…* people who are tagged need to write posts in their own blog about the tag,and post these rules…* At the end of your post, you need to choose people to get tagged and list their names… *


This was a lot harder than I thought it was gonna be,since most of my exploits and foibles have been well documented in past posts.(p-p-past p-p-posts!..sorry,didn't mean to spit on the keyboard)..In any case,I'm gonna hunker down in an effort to 'blige my good buddy. :)

  1. I was an avid body surfer as a youngster.Three times over the years I have been caught in rip-tides that very nearly drowned me.Each time I swam parallel to the beach,(a strategy you learn quickly,or not at all),until I was completely exhausted,and the ocean graciously spit me out on shore,cramped and puking up salt water,but alive none the less.

  2. I'm a self-proclaimed expert on United States coinage.My grandmother gave me an Indian head penny when I was 8 years old,and I was hooked.Over the next 25 years I amassed a fine collection of U.S. coins dating back to colonial times.My prize piece was a 1787 Nova Constellatio Copper,which was struck from the copper bands that secured the barrels of gunpowder the French provided our forefathers during the Revolution.My entire collection was stolen during a break-in of my house,and I haven't collected coins since.


  3. I bought my very first car,a 1956 Studebaker President,for $20.00.It had a push button transmission,a suicide knob on the steering wheel,and belched copious amounts of black smoke..I loved that car.

  4. I never finished High School.I quit in the 11th grade,and got my G.E.D. while in the Army.

  5. I never separate my laundry into whites and colors.Yeah,yeah...I know you're supposed to,but I don't feel like it.

  6. My given name is a variation on the name of a brother that died before I was born.

  7. My first wife and I lost our virginity to each other.

  8. My favorite teacher,Mrs. Willoughby,was fired for advocating equal rights for Blacks in class.It was 1964.
The majority of my blog buddies have been tagged already.Except,I think...
Grish..
Barista Brat..and
Auld Hat..Have fun Kids!... ;)

16 Comments:

At 12:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm just going to copy-and paste your answers.

 
At 12:28 PM , Blogger Sling said...

Auld Hat-That's okay...I just copied and pasted lorraine's. :P

 
At 12:41 PM , Blogger Lorraine said...

It is absolutely not true that my first wife and I lost our virginity to each other.

 
At 12:57 PM , Blogger Sling said...

lorraine-..oh,..I see...She was a tramp.Like my second wife. :O

 
At 8:56 PM , Blogger Dino said...

thanks for stopping by my blog. Funny I was tagged with the same - still have to do it. hopefully i get to it tomorrow. :)

 
At 9:11 PM , Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

you lost your virginity to her too?

 
At 9:16 PM , Blogger Sling said...

dino aka katy-My pleasure! :)
I get a kick out of reading the random things people have to say.

fuckin' JS-LMFAO!..That was funny on SO many levels. :)

 
At 12:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I voted for President Studebaker for his 2nd term, but alas, it wasn't meant to be.

(This is me not trying to top YG's virginity joke.)

 
At 12:33 PM , Blogger rosemary said...

You have an amazing trunk full of great stories....I wonder how many people can remember what a Studebaker looked like? My aunt had one and I couldn't tell the front from the back. People used to call me Virginity until they got to know me...really well.

 
At 3:44 PM , Blogger CS said...

Twenty dollars? I thought my first $200 car was cheap! I love the little random facts posts.

 
At 12:03 PM , Blogger Allan said...

Hhaha! Thanks for bein' a sport! I found my virginity in a box of old books...hadn't realized I'd lost it.

 
At 12:15 PM , Blogger Danielle said...

Another thing we have in common. I didn't graduate high school either. I finally took my GED after about a year into community college courses and aced it baby got very high scores in all categories. It is the one true regret I have in life but moooving forward we are, aren't we.

As always sweets wishing you well.

 
At 3:46 PM , Blogger the rube said...

you got a better deal on the car than me. i paid $40 for a 57 ford.

 
At 5:07 AM , Blogger Citymouse said...

I know why she was your favorite
teacher :) nice work sling!

 
At 8:03 AM , Blogger Traveling Matt said...

there are never enough random Sling facts.

 
At 2:38 AM , Blogger Grish said...

I fully plan on finishing this tag I just haven't had time hehe..

/looks sheepish

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home