Tuesday, May 15, 2007

La Blogga Nostra..

I keep a pretty low blogger profile at work.
Not because I'm concerned about the things I write being held against me,but because,generally speaking,my co-workers just aren't necessarily interested in that aspect of the internets.
They know I have a blog,and a couple of them have paid a visit from time to time,and left more or less unimpressed.Still,they are by and large a computer literate group.
Well last Friday Mr. K asked,"Does anybody know how I can get a website?"..
My ears perked up like Lassie hearing the faint cries of Timmy trapped in the well.
Turns out,he wanted our cabinet shop to be properly represented on the World Wide Web.
To my way of thinking,and with minor tweaking,there's no reason why a "blog" can't be a business' website.Particularly when it has the most desirable characteristic of being FREE!
Long story short,..over the weekend I put together a sample of what he might do with blogger,and it was enthusiastically received.
Beginning this morning,he and I will be getting together and building Klein's Custom Cabinets web page.Many of you know how much I care about these people,so to say that I'm pleased to help out with this project is easily understood.Of course,if you click on the link,you'll find a bare bones and basic template.Hey!...Give us time. :)

In sadder news:
My dear friend Middle child is going through a difficult time right now,and I want to offer my profound sympathy to her and Don,and their entire family.May God bless.

14 Comments:

At 7:06 PM , Blogger Danielle said...

I did my small part by "stumbling" the site with some keywords.

As always wishing you well.

 
At 7:14 PM , Blogger Sling said...

danielle-THAT is preciseley what I love about "This blog thing of ours".. ;)

 
At 5:28 AM , Blogger the rube said...

wow, i'd pay a million kopeks to have my kitchen look like that.

excellent job.

 
At 6:08 AM , Blogger Sling said...

Thanks Rube :)
We'll be adding pix to the photo album shortly.

 
At 8:24 AM , Blogger Allan said...

See, you can learn practical skills by blogging! Time for a raise.

 
At 1:22 PM , Blogger rosemary said...

Wait a minute, just one damm minute....internetS??? Have you been hangin with GW, Sling? Have you? InternetS???? Were you with Al Gore when he invented the WEB?? No wonder your boss asked in front of you if you have those kinds of references!!! I'll take a look....

 
At 1:26 PM , Blogger rosemary said...

Shouldn't it say...

Butch, Diane, Larry and SLING????

 
At 3:52 PM , Blogger Sling said...

allan-I've been doin' this for so long that I forget that there are a lot of people that are unaware of what a personal web page is...and I'm due for a raise next month.In the meantime,all the work I'm doing on their site is on the clock. :)

rossemary-Al Gore STOLE my idea!!
..and I'll just rectify the name thing by posting a naked pic of myself in the photo album.. :O

 
At 12:12 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good work on that website. I suspect whatever raise you were getting before just went up.

I didn't mean for that to sound dirty.

 
At 4:36 PM , Blogger Lorraine said...

It just needs a link to "Here's the 80s" and it'll be perfect.

Oops.

I said that out loud, didn't I?

Yeah. A raise. You deserve a raise!

 
At 5:40 PM , Blogger Sling said...

JP-...yes you did!

lorraine-You didn't say anything out loud I haven't thought of already. :)

 
At 4:18 PM , Blogger CS said...

I got so side-tracked by going over to Middle Child's blog to read and leave a note, that I forgot to come back and say nice work on their site!

 
At 7:41 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Sling...since I can't post a comment on your most recent post, I'm posting here....go to Rosemary's blog to see how I fixed the comments for her. Just edit your post, then click on that link at the bottom of the post box that says "Post options"...for some reason, the first post you post since Blogger's "improvement" is set to hide commenting.

 
At 12:48 AM , Blogger more cowbell said...

My ears perked up like Lassie hearing the faint cries of Timmy trapped in the well.

What's that, girl? You say a cabinet company needs a website?!

I love when I find stuff such as this whilst a-tooling around on the Internets.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home