Friday, May 04, 2007

I sleep with a nite-lite..


The Springtime fresh and delicious Rosemary has tagged me to reveal 10 interesting facts/habits about myself.

Most of you are already familiar with my brief,but tawdry affair with Rita Hayworth back in the forties,as well as my "alleged" complicity in that whole Bay of Pigs fiasco,so I will attempt to enlighten you with some few bits of esoterica that you may be unaware of:


  • I was born on December 25th,and have a triangular shaped "Christmas tree" birthmark on my left upper arm.

  • During an argument with my then girlfriend while driving to Hotchkiss,Colorado,I got out of the car and WALKED home...31 miles..I was over it by the time I arrived.

  • I buried Harry Truman!..Okay,I didn't actually dig the hole and throw the little guy in,but I was one of several hundred soldiers that stood at attention along the funeral route as part of the Honor Cordon.

  • I lay out my clothes for the next day,nicely folded next to my bed, before I go to sleep.

  • List of wiley and elusive creatures that I have captured with my bare hands:(In alphabetical order)

a) A Marmot
b) 2 Roadrunners
c) 3 species of Rattlesnake
d) A Bat
e) A Howler Monkey
f) Melinda Flores


  • In 1974,I decided to take a year off and try to earn my living playing Poker...I lasted 9 months.

  • I have several different routes to and from work that I alternate,just in case "They" are trying to follow me.

  • I can drink an entire pint of Kentucky Whiskey,and still nunction formally.

How many is that?...Eight!..No problem.I have at least two more that I will be happy to divulge,as soon as the Statute of Limitations runs out.


I think I'm supposed to tag more people.How about I just extend the invitation to those of you that would like to play along. :)

Have a great weekend!

17 Comments:

At 6:59 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Now THOSE are really interesting tidbits! Much moreso than my boring ones. I love the walking home 31 miles one. Very manly of you. :)

 
At 7:31 PM , Blogger Sling said...

gina-Lol...Yeah..It took me about 9 hours to go cross country on a moonless night..IN THE FREAKIN' RAIN!..I sure showed her!. ;)

 
At 12:21 AM , Blogger Danielle said...

I don't know why but your laying your clothes out each night just makes me smile especially combined with your manliness. I'm swiping this one, for sure.

 
At 7:44 AM , Blogger the rube said...

excellent idea on the different routes to and from work.

thanks for the tip.

 
At 8:20 AM , Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

I laughed out loud when you said you took different routes incase 'they' were following you..snort*...I do that too..Every since (1975)I found out that my x-brother-in-law and x=mother-in-law had discussed taking me out so they could get custody of my kids, I have never taken the same route to anyplace I am going..which makes it really tricky living in a small town like West..but I still do it...

 
At 9:54 AM , Blogger Sling said...

danielle-It's a left-over habit from the military I think.I'm pretty compulsive about it.
You just reminded me of one more thing for my list:

9)I REALLY take pleasure from arranging flowers..really.

The Rube & Yellowdog G.-One of my habits is to occasionally break my habits..A good idea for lots of reasons. ;)

 
At 11:13 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow...you are one fascinating man!

 
At 1:57 PM , Blogger Sling said...

andromeda-Well thanx! :)..I would have said nuerotic dork,but fascinating works for me..

 
At 6:16 PM , Blogger rosemary said...

You are the perfect man...sort of...laying out clothes, catching Melinda, walking so your girlfriend could have the car (what was over btw...the relationship or the soles of your feet)and you are a Christmas ornament as well!!!! Do you put the lid down and do windows because I may just have to appoint you my pool boy for the summer.

 
At 7:38 PM , Blogger Sling said...

rosemary-It does sound like I'm almost housebroken huh. lol.
I was over being mad after my little walk. :)

 
At 7:44 PM , Blogger Lorraine said...

I wanna see the Christmas tree birthmark! And both The Spouse and I think it's very cool that you buried Harry. Give 'em hell.

 
At 8:59 PM , Blogger Princess Banter said...

So... are you really Santa Claus in disguise? My friends who were born on Christmas day always complained that they got less gifts for the year. Haha, is that the same with you?

 
At 10:12 PM , Blogger Sling said...

lorraine-I have several birthmarks there.When I was but a toddlin' lad,my parents told me they were my "Tattoos" and gave them names.Dad had a fine rose tattoo on his arm so you know I was all that and a bag o'chip's over mine. ;)
I'll try to get a good pic for ya.
I was stationed at Fort Riley,Kansas when the call came out for volunteers to participate at Harry's funeral in Missouri,and I jumped on it.

Princess Banter-I LOVE having my b-day on Christmas!
No school
No work
Everybody gets presents!..It's like that..

 
At 2:47 AM , Blogger apositivepessimist said...

whoaah how about that...branded as well.

my mumsy was born on December 24th.

 
At 11:21 AM , Blogger Citymouse said...

sling, you are soooo interesting!

 
At 2:13 PM , Blogger Sling said...

apos-My Grandma used to say that I was "Marked" when my mom injured her her arm and grabbed it during her pregnancy..A fun little bit of hillbilly superstition. ;)

citymouse-aww shux ma'am..:)

 
At 1:55 PM , Blogger Allan said...

Nine months on the Poker circuit? That's actually pretty impressive...rattlesnakes and monkeys? Therein lies a tale, I'm sure. Tell more.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home