Thursday, December 20, 2007

Apparently,Fall stops at the corner of Stafford street,and 2nd avenue..

In addition to being shamelessly hooked on American Idol,I watch every science,history,discovery,and otherwise trivia packed production of useless esoterica I can lay my eyes on.
This may not turn out to be such a good idea,because now I'm becoming convinced that the end of the world is at my very doorstep!

If we don't get ourselves pulverized by an errant meteor the size of Texas,then surely some remote island who's name I can't think of right now is gonna slide into the Atlantic,creating a mega-tsunami that will come roaring over the Sierra Nevada's with a vengeance that would make Noah go,"DAMM"!!..

Failing that,then certainly a bazillion acres of Yellowstone will erupt in an apocalyptic,lava spewing ,hellfire and brimstone catastrophe not seen since..well,..ever.

Colliding galaxies,black holes,continental drift,and pandemic diseases that make the Black Death look like a mild case of the "sniffles" are all potential candidates for the annihilation of our planet in general,and our species in particular.

In all of these scenarios,the narrator du jour cautions us that it's not a question of if,..but when!
..and lest we forget,..there's always the ever present threat of global warming.
I submit,for your edification,the following proof.
I stood on my own very street corner,and captured these subsequent photos;

This is the view looking North.You can see that these trees have,according to nature's plan,lost all of their foliage..I find these seasonal silhouettes comforting..






However!..This is the view facing South...Now,these are decidedly deciduous trees (wasn't that delicious?) yet they simply refuse to acknowledge that the Winter Solstice is but 2 days hence..

..You just can't argue with photographic evidence!



...Under the cicumstances,one can only hope that the inevitable,"Great Dark Night" is postponed at least until after January,when the new season of American Idol begins.

Labels:

18 Comments:

At 12:49 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rest easy, my friend. According to the Mayan's we've still got a solid five years as of, wow - as of today! WOOHOO!

 
At 12:58 PM , Blogger Sling said...

Hat- RATZ!..and I just bought the extended warranty on my leaf blower..

 
At 1:11 PM , Blogger Jan said...

Does global warming pick out blocks to work on?

 
At 1:15 PM , Blogger Sling said...

jan- Oh yes!..It's a little known scientific fact.

 
At 2:16 PM , Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

check out the date 12-21-12...that's the day the mayans say the end of the world is..their calandar stops on that day...

 
At 2:41 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

See? Wait...I was a day ahead of myself. But still. See?!

 
At 3:15 PM , Blogger Sling said...

yellowdog G.- Those Mayans were a crafty lot..they invented basketball you know.

Hat- ..well there goes the '13 season of AI..

 
At 4:21 PM , Blogger CS said...

I believe what you've discovered is a rift in the space-time continuum.

 
At 4:23 PM , Blogger Sling said...

CS-..and it's right here in O-Town!
I can just smell the Nobel.

 
At 6:15 PM , Blogger Lorraine said...

Pft to the Mayans. They didn't invent French toast. Those are the people I listen to.

Also, they didn't wear tiaras. Again I say, pft.

 
At 6:26 PM , Blogger Sling said...

lorraine- Well now that you've identified the glaring flaws in the whole Mayan theory,I may have reevaluate my stance on the impending Armageddonage..more French toast please.

 
At 7:48 AM , Blogger Kimberly Ann said...

Those trees are the equivalent of the black cat in The Matrix. Clearly, there is a glitch. Where are my red pills....

 
At 9:34 AM , Blogger Sling said...

kimberly ann- There is a serious glitch indeed..and you can bet I'm gonna get blamed for it!

 
At 10:29 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The end is nye!!!

 
At 11:21 AM , Blogger billy pilgrim said...

holy christ, that's almost as scary as the old testament.

sometimes i'm happy to have my head up my arse.

 
At 12:42 PM , Blogger Sling said...

Hat- ...yer a nut! ;)

billy pilgrim- Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the Bible,they throw Revelations at you!

 
At 11:45 AM , Blogger Middle Child said...

The trees are green here too, what d'you think that means? And the temperature is hovering aroud the 30's (celsius)....
oh shucks...I forgot...its high summer here...but then there are those chemtrails up in the sky again soooo things a little wierd here

 
At 10:48 PM , Blogger Kari (GrannySkywalker) said...

Meteor, Schmeteor...I can't be bothered with the minutia of life on this planet. I'm much more worried about the bigger picture...like whether or not this will be the season that I finally forgive Idol for rigging the vote to have Chris Daughtry voted off so unfairly...(my therapist says it's time to let the pain of that moment go, but hell - I don't pay that wench to make me play nice, now do I?).

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home