Thursday, December 06, 2007

Tomorrow...Part II

...which I guess is actually Today!..You know,I really didn't think this whole title thing through.
I guess I was all twitterpated about all the marvelous things that happened;..

***Today In History!***

In many parts of Germany,and Austria,today is "Saint Nicholas'" day.
Traditionally,Sinter Klaus leaves gifts in the stockings of all the good little boys and girls..
This is cool on so many levels!..Also..

1768- The first edition of the Encyclopedia Brittanica was published.

1865- The 13th amendment to The Constitution was ratified,..banning slavery.

1933- U.S. federal judge,John Woolsey,rules that the James Joyce novel,Ulysses,is not obscene.

2006- Photos taken by the Mars Global Explorer suggest the presence of liquid water.

2007..11:59 A.M.- Sling's first and only Grandson was delivered,by Cesarean section,this very morn!!..Oh yes!
At an imposing 20 inches tall,and a hefty 8 lbs. 5 oz,little Jackson burst upon an unsuspecting world...He,along with my 3 lovely Granddaughters,have pretty much guaranteed my immortality...thank you Lord.
Mom and Slinglet are doing just fine!

I'm pretty sure he has my...Moustasche.






..Jackson is an old family name.
My daughter did me proud by carrying on that little bit o' tradition!

..speaking of Jackson..



It's Thursday,December 6th,2007...and life continues to come full circle in Sling's Domain.

Labels:

16 Comments:

At 7:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

(showers of confetti, ticker tape, blue cigars)
C*O*N*G*R*A*T*S!!!!!!

 
At 7:03 PM , Blogger Mom said...

Congratulations!!! there just are no words to explain the wonder of a rand new grandchild. it is an awesome thing my friend to be a grandfather.

 
At 8:48 PM , Blogger Doralong said...

Welcome to the world Jackson! Listen to your Grandpa and you'll turn out just fine young man. Glad to hear mamma is fine after delivering such a big bundle of joy..

What a precious thing. I was going to say little thing, but that obviously doesn't apply. Land sakes he'll be a big fella! And aside from that great head of hair, I think you're right about the moustasche.

 
At 10:24 PM , Blogger Traveling Matt said...

more cigars and balloons all around! I bet you can't wait to buy him his first slingshot, eh? congratulations!

 
At 5:46 AM , Blogger Citymouse said...

dont you love how c-section babies look like they are 3 months old!
Glad all is beautiful in the world of Sling

 
At 7:40 AM , Blogger Jan said...

Congratulations although i have never been sure what it is that a grandfather has done to merit congratulations for a grandchild. Great news.

 
At 7:46 AM , Blogger Nunnie's Attic said...

Pass the cigars, please! CONGRATULATIONS!! The Immortality of Sling...could be a book. Write a memoir for crying out loud.

Love,
Julie

 
At 10:10 AM , Blogger booda baby said...

I am SO happy for you and for Jackson, getting a grandpa like you. And for us, too, because while there are a LOT of baby getters around the world, there can NOT be as many just plain old precious combinations like you two.

Love love love!

 
At 10:21 AM , Blogger Lorraine said...

Oh! Frabjous day! Kaloo kalay! That is one fine looking Slinglet! I knew the world got a little bit brighter yesterday but I didn't know why. Congratulations, buddy. First round is on me.

 
At 11:37 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is why we're on the earth, to be parents, grandparents, aunts, and uncles.

Everything else is roadkill.

Congrats!

 
At 12:44 PM , Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

as queen of the fucking universe i proclaim this JACKSON DAY..
plus Jacson is a very special name to me as it is the nickname that my Daddy gave me...so I'm proud as punch too...bless you all...

 
At 12:44 PM , Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

ps...he's just beautiful..

 
At 2:44 PM , Blogger Sling said...

WOO HOO!!..Thank you,thank you one and all for stoppin' by with all your well wishes and such!..
I knew in advance that my new grandson would be delivered sometime after 10 am,so I rushed home from work to get all the skinny..I'm so happy I could squirt! :)

 
At 2:59 PM , Blogger booda baby said...

Ooh. If you've got a ... moustache anything like Jackson's, can you give a little warning? You OUGHT to squirt, I want you to squirt, squirting is entirely called for, but I'd kinda ike the chance to duck.

 
At 4:50 PM , Blogger Middle Child said...

Wow Sling! So many congratulations...he is a big little boyo isn't he and I am sure he looks a lot like you...he's gonna hate you for that photo being broadcast one day...or maybe noooo...depends on what he chooses to do...

 
At 12:24 AM , Blogger more cowbell said...

That's wonderful news, Sling! Nothing like a new baby to bring sunshine in the middle of winter. Jackson looks like he's got a right hearty spirit.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home