Monday, December 03, 2007

Top hats and Teddy bears...

Winter landed smack dab in the middle of O-Town on December first!
Whoever (whomever?) figured out our whole calendar system,(I'm pretty sure it was the Catholics,..or the Mayans),had it nailed right to the minute!..The average temperature has dropped 20 freakin' degrees,and I've noted some fairly grisly storm clouds outside,even as we speak.

Okay,..I realize that Winter doesn't "officially" start until the solstice,but it's hard enough to make a point without having to adhere to actual facts..The Republican debates will bear me out on this.

It seems that those party animals in Sudan have pardoned Ms. Gillian Gibbons for her unfortunate faux pas, allowing the students in her class to name their little Teddy bear mascot "Muhammad"....This pleases me,..and probably Teddy Roosevelt as well.
Still,..she needs to get the hell outta Dodge post haste in order to avoid any further unpleasantness...Fair enough.

Last night,I dreamed that my best friend,GB,who (whom?) I haven't seen for 20 years stopped by my 56 room mansion to tell me that he was going to New York.
He was only 3 feet tall,including the beaver skin Top hat he was wearing.
This struck me as extremely odd,seeing as how,up to that point,I thought I only had 27 rooms.

My good friend baybay got himself a brand new laptop this weekend!
He's kind of a rookie at this whole computing deal,so I helped him set up his e-mail,and guided him through some of the perils and pitfalls of navigating the interwebs..He was all grins!

..It's Monday,..and life is cold as a witches' tit in Sling's Domain.



























Labels:

10 Comments:

At 5:37 PM , Blogger the rube said...

god bless winter. after a little herbal refreshment i rode my bike to the mall in a snow storm.

i didn't see one goddamned nun or mayan out in the snow. they must have been tipped off.

 
At 6:12 PM , Blogger Mom said...

So how do you keep that big mansion warm in this cold winter weather?

 
At 7:06 PM , Blogger Citymouse said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 7:07 PM , Blogger Citymouse said...

What I wanted to say is -- if i knew how to knit, id knit you a scarf to help keep you warm.

 
At 7:49 PM , Blogger Sling said...

Rube- Clearly,they know something we don't. ;)

mom- ...with my never ending supply of fossil fuel!..

comment deleted- (heavy breathing ensues)..

Mouse- It's raining cats and dogs!..If I had enough logs,I'd build a raft,..if I had some rope. :P

 
At 9:07 PM , Blogger Lorraine said...

So you drift north on the raft and *zip*, you're boarding the SS Global Warming My Arse and checking into your stateroom on the Lido deck.

 
At 9:16 PM , Blogger Sling said...

...my valet will,of course,have my baggage secured I assume..
(This whole "End of the World" thing can be such a bother).. :P

 
At 10:01 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

(adjusts temperature of tits)
Sorry 'bout that.

But, 'tis the season, after all. Tits the season?
heh heh

 
At 10:12 PM , Blogger Sling said...

The Rack -...thought I fergot,didn't you!..

 
At 1:57 PM , Blogger Doralong said...

You're a good friend sweetie.. really you are!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home