Monday, October 06, 2008

I'll make you a proposition..

What with all the attention focused on the Presidential campaigns,and the tenuous state of the economy,I think it's possible many of us have overlooked some very important issues that have been set before us in the form of propositions.

Here in California,we have two propositions in particular that I'm especially interested in..

Proposition 2: Provides for the humane treatment of farm animals..
It would require agribusiness to maintain animals used for food in an environment in which they would spend most of the day free to stand up,turn around,and stretch their limbs..
I'm nothing if not a carnivore,and an argument could be made that if we didn't eat cows,there wouldn't be cows.
I mean,it's not like they'd flourish across the land, free ranging at their leisure.
So,as long as we're going to propagate these creatures for our dining pleasure,it seems clear to me that the civilized thing to do would be to allow them to spend their brief time on Earth in some measure of comfort,if not dignity.
..I'll be voting yes on this one.

Proposition 8: Amends the California Constitution to specify that only marriage between a man and a woman is valid,or recognized in our fair state..
Lord,..give me strength.
When will these glassy-eyed,bible thumping,fundamentalist Fascists get their perpetually bent noses out of humanity's ass,and focus their efforts on their own Christian shortcomings?..Namely,the unbridled bigotry and hatred of their fellow sapiens.
I'm seriously considering petitioning for an amendment that requires them all to be rounded up,sequestered in a controlled environment,and utilized as slaves,..or food.
Naturally,they'd be granted all the rights and privileges outlined under proposition 2 above.
..I'll be voting FUCK NO! on this one.

I'm confident that my enlightened readers will be examining the propositions in their own respective states,and casting their votes in an informed,and conscientious fashion...

Have a great week kids!

Labels: ,

19 Comments:

At 12:16 PM , Blogger Willym said...

And why does it come as no surprise to see how you will vote on each of these props??? Well maybe because I know you to be an intelligent, compassionate and loving person.

 
At 12:17 PM , Blogger sageweb said...

Ah my comment was sucked up by blogger. Anyways...can we really round the fundies up? WOuldn't that be a fun time?

 
At 2:20 PM , Blogger Sling said...

willym- Well thank you buddy.
Some things just seem to be a no brainer,when you think about them.

Sage- Rope 'em and brand 'em I say!!

Of course,you know I don't really advocate eating them.
The meat of their philosophies is far too stringy,and unpalatable.

 
At 3:47 PM , Blogger LostInColor said...

Yup. I'll be studying ours.

 
At 4:08 PM , Blogger billy pilgrim said...

in japan they feed some cattle beer and massage them daily to make the meat tender.

i understand a man can marry a cow in india.

 
At 4:55 PM , Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

but of course...your for good treatment for animals and humans..why i luf you

 
At 6:21 PM , Blogger Lorraine said...

Fundies aren't good eatin'. Too stringy.

 
At 6:21 PM , Blogger Mom said...

I just cannot figure out how it can hurt anyone else when two people who love each other want to get married. I guess those fundamentalists are just very insecure and think they have to make everyone do things their way. They are pathetic.
People should be treated kindly and so should animals.
California always has way too many propositions on the ballot.

 
At 6:47 PM , Blogger Sling said...

Lost- Sometimes,I think they try to sneak in stuff just to see if we're paying attention.

Billy P.- ..anything between consenting mammals I suppose.

Yellerdawg- and I luf anyone that lufs me back! ;)

Rainey- HA!..We both thought exactly the same thing!

mom- I'll tell you what it is mom.
Some people feel so bad about their own inadequacies,that they are driven to tear down others in a pathetic effort to elevate themselves..If they can point the finger of blame at someone else,it might succeeed in taking the focus off of them.
Their emotional developement ceased to progress long about age 8.

 
At 7:31 PM , Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

I couldn't agree with you more.

Also, don't you wish "FUCK NO" was really an option on the ballot???? The voting should be on a scale from "Hell yes" to "Fuck no." :)

 
At 2:37 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course to the first. And sometimes I think if I see another "Marriage is for a man and a woman" bumper sticker I'm going to go all vigilante.

 
At 9:54 AM , Blogger Sling said...

Miss HP- That would be more satisfying than filling in a little yes or no bubble!
Hey!..Maybe they could have a little 'Comments' section!..You know,..why they should shove this idea up their ass in 50 words or less.

citizen- You know what the big argument people have against Prop 2?..The price of eggs might go up a penny each!..
Jeez..Come up off the 12 cents a dozen folks!

The proponents of prop 8 warn us that gay marriage will be taught in schools!..
What??..'Students,today we'll be discussing rug munching,and buggery'..
Gimme a break..

 
At 11:41 AM , Blogger evilganome said...

Thank you, Sling. I am all for rounding them up (the fundies) and using them for scientific experiments. Which would help out all those poor animals that they've been using.

I also like the idea of the incremental approach to voting. Especially the essay portion of the vote. I'm sure I could think of something to say.

 
At 11:43 AM , Blogger Kimberly Ann said...

Yeah, there needs to be a scale of anger attached with No votes. Just so politicians get the hint, because losing an initiative just doesn't seem to cut it.

 
At 3:53 PM , Blogger Sling said...

Evil G.- Too bad we can't really do the fundie thing..Damm that pesky Constitution!

kimberly ann- We'll probably never be able to get a sliding scale on our ballots..
Thank God we have our blogs!

 
At 8:11 PM , Blogger Citymouse said...

Here, it is a money for a school and we need it!

 
At 8:37 PM , Blogger Sling said...

Mouse- This is a bond issue right?..I wish I had a better understanding of how that works.
It seems as though,every cycle,there are bond issues for schools and veterans that seem to make perfect sense!..I mean,who isn't for providing support for those kind of programs?
Honestly,I tend to vote yes when it comes to spending money in these areas..I hope that the kids in your neck of the woods get the new school(s) necessary for preparing them to take their place in an uncertain world.

 
At 12:55 PM , Blogger austexgrl said...

On some referendums I want there to be a "none of the above" slot.. also I like David Letterman's idea that we take one state and let all these crazy biggots go and live there and leave the rest of us alone as we live in peace and harmony with our fellow man.

 
At 9:03 PM , Blogger Sling said...

austexgrl- There are some props I leave blank,simply because I don't have an opinion one way or the other.
A 'None of the above' slot would at least show that I took the time to consider it...Good idea!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home