Thursday, December 04, 2008

Fun with poverty..

Like most bloggers,I've had to make a few adjustments of late to keep my standard of vices apace with my dwindling resources.
Sometimes,you just have to sacrifice certain luxuries,and focus primarily on those expenditures that are required of necessity.

One such luxury I've opted to forego,is the prohibitive expense of 'Tailor Made' cigarettes.

No Billy Pilgrim,..these aren't joints..


While a pack of generic smokes comes in at around $3.00,and lasts little more than a day,..one pouch of loose tobacco retails for about $2.25,and provides pure smoking pleasure for four full days!

Plus!..All the pomp and circumstance involved with the ritualistic preparation,and rolling of these little gems,invokes fond memories of my days as a long-haired-hippie-freak,..and offers up the satisfying opportunity to pretend that I am,in fact,a real cowboy...

Labels:

12 Comments:

At 11:51 AM , Blogger sageweb said...

Well, not just to side with Billy...it is cheaper to grow your own weed. Except for that whole illegal part..which even tho I don't smoke anything...weed causes a lot less damage to your body than Tobacco. Weed should be legal.
And yes you are a real cowboy for sure.

 
At 1:41 PM , Blogger Doralong said...

Nice tight roll there buddy..

 
At 2:07 PM , Blogger Mom said...

My dad used to roll his own. I loved watching him fix his smokes. Dad was an oilman, almost the same as a cowboy.

 
At 2:21 PM , Blogger Willym said...

Seems to me I've seen cigarettes rolled like that before... why they were filled with the evil killer weed if my memory serves me.

My mother use to make roll her own ciagrettes ... she had a machine - it made long cigarettes then had some sort of guillotine for chopping them to size. My god I had forgotten all about that.

 
At 2:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course, there's always the non-smoking option. More money for beer!

 
At 4:48 PM , Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

im with citizen...think of how much money you'd save if you quit smoking..it can be done...haven't had a cancer stick in 36 years...wish i had saved the money i saved.hahah

 
At 4:51 PM , Blogger billy pilgrim said...

with the price of bud these days those would be worth a fortune.

it's a pinch in a pipe with good old bud.

 
At 9:04 PM , Blogger Random Thinker said...

Whoa, instant flashback - till I read further. Do they taste just as good?

 
At 9:23 PM , Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

Are you sure they aren't joints???? Damn.

:)

 
At 9:49 AM , Blogger LostInColor said...

HOwdy there cowboy! ;)

 
At 2:42 PM , Blogger Middle Child said...

Mom reminded me that my dad rolled his own and could do the whole process with one hand while driving, and only had a few crashes in his life.

but still hope things turn up soon okay...

 
At 7:45 PM , Blogger Lorraine said...

Yee. Also, haw.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home