Monday, December 31, 2007

2007..I knew you well.

I've been roaming the myriad halls of Bloggertown,and all the really cool kids are doing some kind of "Year in review" post.
A popular format is to post the first sentence,from the first blog of each month.
A memey kinda thing that I've been able to trace all the way back to lorraine's Spouse Eric,over at Behind the Camera.

I like this idea,and I like my friend CS's method of putting all this stuff into a single paragraph..So I'm going to steal it..
I haven't been back to even look at what this is gonna turn out like,but given my habit of drinking and blogging,I think it will probably resemble the fuzzy recollections I have of the entire decade of the 70's...or was it the 80's?



I've been up and down in Bloggertown today,and everything seems just fine.
...mouse hover HERE. I'm pretty sure Anna-Nichole had more fun this week than I did..what with her all expense paid trip to the Bahamas and all. After my last big rant,I thought it would be nice to share something heartwarming with all of my dear friends in Bloggertown.Overheard at the Park.."The time has come",the Walrus said..
.."to talk of many things".Today is Canada day(formerly known as Dominion Day).Or so I'm told. O-Town is in the news! You know how you're nearsighted as Mr. Magoo,and on top of that you're severely night blind,and you go out to have a cigarette,and hear the neighbor's sweet tempered dog at the fence,so you walk over to the fence and reach over to pet her,only to discover that she's in heat,and the neighbor has imported an ill-tempered male to breed her to,and said ravenous stud takes a HUGE exception to your blatant intrusion on his territorial imperative,and you end up frantically counting your digits to ensure that you still have all ten?I spent much of the weekend helping my neighbor set up his new laptop. I like to fall in love at least once a day.. and then maybe run away with a violinist..Winter landed smack dab in the middle of O-Town on December first!..


Yep..Definitely the 60's.

You know,after reading through the past year,it suddenly occurs to me that the truly amazing thing about '07 is that not only was I able to maintain prior friendships I had made through the miracle of blogging,but that I was able to garner some great new friends as well..

Happy New Year to every one of you!

Labels:

21 Comments:

At 4:03 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

How odd. That entire paragraph read like any other day in Slings Domain.
HAH HAH!
Happy New Year schweetums!

 
At 4:26 PM , Blogger Sling said...

Hat- HAH!..I kid you not,after reading the finished paragraph I thought to myself,"damm..I could just do this every day,and no one would know the difference"...Happy,Happy back at ya! ;)

 
At 7:07 PM , Blogger Serena said...

Happy New Year, Sling!

 
At 7:11 PM , Blogger Sling said...

serena joy- ..and a joyful and prosperous new year to you as well! :)

 
At 10:22 PM , Blogger Speck said...

I like to fall in love at least once a day.. and then maybe run away with a violinist...

Sigh. What a loverly thought.

A very Happy New Year to you Sling. Wishing you lots of love in the days of 2008 and a bushel basket of violinists.

 
At 11:16 PM , Blogger Sling said...

speck- ..that line really does look good in italics,doesn't it! :)
Happy New Year kid!

 
At 7:07 AM , Blogger Doralong said...

Happy New Year my friend! May it see you safe and happy- and with your possessions intact!

 
At 7:08 AM , Blogger billy pilgrim said...

that looks like it took a lot of work.

happy feckin new year.

 
At 9:56 AM , Blogger Allan said...

Deja Vu! Here's lookin' at 2008!
Happy New Year!

 
At 11:02 AM , Blogger danny/ink2metal said...

hey sling,

that was a fun year in review!

happy new year!

 
At 11:04 AM , Blogger Middle Child said...

Yes...sounds like the '70's...except I had a couple of littlies to look after so only the first three years were a bit hazey...clear as a bell after that...
2007 bastard of a year... all round lost my old cat etc etc but I suppose ther is a plan and everything is happening as it will and who am I to gainsay the creator, but think "it/he/she/whatever" might have been having a hissy fit in our direction..


but some good new friends made this year...and thank you for being one of them Sling

 
At 11:30 AM , Blogger Sling said...

doralong- Thanks doll..From your lips to God's ear.

billy pilgrim- Just a lot of copy and pasting buddy.I think it's gonna be a great feckin' new year!

allan- Cheers buddy!..Happy new year in your direction.

hello,my name is danny- Hi'ya danny!
Yeah,..it almost made sense in a disjointed kinda way..'Preciate you dropping by,and hope you have an exceptional year ahead!

middle child- I know '07 was a tough one for you hon.
You do have 2 beautiful daughters,and a circle of cyber folk that care about you...Thank you for being my friend,and may he/she/it/whatever grant you a joyful new year. :)

 
At 11:34 AM , Blogger Citymouse said...

Happy new year Sling!

 
At 11:37 AM , Blogger Sling said...

Happy new year to you too,my dear friend mouse!

 
At 11:51 AM , Blogger Lex Lata said...

That does kinda read like some Jethro Tull lyrics.

Happy New Year back atchya!

 
At 12:19 PM , Blogger Mom said...

One of the happy parts of the year past was finding a friend named Sling.
Blessings on your head my friend.

 
At 12:42 PM , Blogger Willym said...

So that's how Joyce did it! Now it all makes sense.

Happy New Year Sling and I hope you find that violinist.

 
At 6:25 PM , Blogger CS said...

I'm glad you did steal it, because you sound as insane as I do! Those first-sentence paragraphs are like Zen koans somehow.

 
At 7:08 PM , Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

mine would just be an accumlation of fucks and asshole...

 
At 10:06 AM , Blogger Lorraine said...

Muuuwah!!!!!!!!! Happy New Year, Sling!

 
At 2:08 PM , Blogger more cowbell said...

I totally meant to do this. But then I forgot about it. I want to hear more about the violinist.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home