Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas Wrap..

Christmas in Sling's Domain was,yet again,wondermous!!..
So was my birthday!..Yes,I turned 54 yesterday.

*Note to self:
Next year,try to drop hints of an entirely less subtle nature...

Of course,everyone was understandably busy with their holiday celebrations yesterday,so feel free to smother me with hugs,kisses,and hearty handshakes today!..I'll wait....

Moving right along..Let's get to some pix!

The Lizzard King's family,which is very much my family here in O-Town,spent the day with us,bringing along the little kidlets.
Who can argue that having children around on Christmas morn isn't simply the best thing in creation?..Nobody.
From left to right;
LK's Mom,little A,The SIL (Who made me the most wonderful chocolate birthday cake!),Young Matt,and Brother B.


Mom and Aunt C...Aunt C always gives me my favorite long sleeve shirts on Christmas..Little Newt,helping his cousin open a present...Young Matt has seen this sittin' around for days unwrapped,but appears genuinely surprised by his new rolly ball-bell ringing-whirly-thing'a'ma'jig....A handy skill for any young man to possess! I forget what this is,but it has to do with the movie Cars..Newt is well pleased. ..not so much with this nerf dart weapon of mass destruction.
"Crap!..How many of these damm things am I gonna get??"..
"Two!..get over it".

..Trypto-Fan.
I can see by the bottom of my empty glass,that it's time to get a refill,and make the rounds of Bloggertown...


Oops!..One more thing...
The charming and effervescent Hat sent me a beautiful compilation of her wonderfully soothing piano compositions,which I received last Friday!!..It didn't get lost in the mail Sunshine,but it seems my e-mail response may have..(okay,..it's probably sitting on her desk,under the crystal and pewter statue of "Pan")..In any case,..Thank you Angie!..I.LOVE.IT!

20 Comments:

At 4:17 PM , Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

dagnabbit!...I missed your birthday...that makes me 10 years older than you...sigh*..that officially makes us old farts...glad you had a great christmas and birthday..

 
At 4:54 PM , Blogger rosemary said...

54....you're just a baby and thank goodness I am not old enough to be your mother. Happy, happy birthday Sling. Your Christmas was all I wish mine had been...filled with children and laughter. We were alone but I swear we will not be one more year. Next year we are flying home, and the next year and the one after that and on and on.

 
At 5:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

God bless the U.S. Postal Service!
WOOHOO!!!! (:
Happy B-Day my friend!

 
At 8:12 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, young man.

And I hope you weren't the one that gave little Newt his 2nd nerf gun.

 
At 10:46 PM , Blogger Lorraine said...

Here's your (((Sling))) and your muuuwah and a standing ovation just because I can. Also, I am now going to refill your glass because you shouldn't have to get that yourself.

Happy birthday, happy Christmas and thanks for sharing the photos.

 
At 6:01 AM , Blogger Doralong said...

it's only a hint if you actually drop it before the date dear.. But HAH! Now we all will be well prepared for the big shindig next year ;)

Happy Birthday buddy!

 
At 7:08 AM , Blogger billy pilgrim said...

car 54 where are you?

lizzard king and newt. something about those names that just makes me happy.

 
At 8:23 AM , Blogger Jan said...

I think the reason people have children is to relive the magic of Christmas through them.

 
At 8:59 AM , Blogger Kimberly Ann said...

Happy happy B-day. All the cool kids are born on December 25, it seems.

 
At 11:56 AM , Blogger booda baby said...

HAPPPPPPY Birthday!! This is not right that you didn't come straight out and just say you were christ-child-like. Although, if one had been paying attention, it's just not that hard to see the resemblance. Blinded by the growing pile of gifts under the tree, I was and I'm sorry.

Hat, as always, comes through. Her warmth could melt some big Titanic sinking iceberg. (it also helps she's got an in/history with the Postal Service. It scares the bejeezus out of me around Christmas.)

 
At 2:56 PM , Blogger Serena said...

Lovely family, lovely photos. I'm glad you had a wonderful Christmas. And -- Happy Belated Birthday! (Gawd, I'm older than you.:-))

 
At 6:28 PM , Blogger CS said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! You know there was someone famous who shares your birthday, but I'm blanking...

 
At 11:30 PM , Blogger more cowbell said...

A two-fer! Happy happy birthday, Sling. the pictures are wonderful. So glad to have cyberly gotten to know you this past year.

 
At 12:12 PM , Blogger Sling said...

You guys are awesome!!
Thanks for all the well wishes and e-mails and such.
Here's to a Happy and prosperous New Year!

 
At 1:40 PM , Blogger Traveling Matt said...

54 is a magic number. i don't know why but it is...and i don't remember if i just decided to make that up just now so it must be true. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!

 
At 2:37 PM , Blogger Allan said...

Wow...you and Isaac Newton were both born on the same day! No wonder we celebrate it.
Happy B-Day and many more to come!

 
At 10:15 PM , Blogger Mom said...

What a wonderful day to be born. Happy belated birthday!
Looks like a wonderful Christmas celebration.

 
At 10:41 PM , Blogger Kari (GrannySkywalker) said...

Here's a belated Happy Birthday! Sounds like everyone had a wonderful time.
Two of my four kids were born in December. One was due on Christmas Day, but refused to join the outside world until the 27th. I feel like I spend the whole month of December buying Christmas presents, birthday presents, ordering birthday cakes, blah, blah, blah. (And the way I gripe about it, you'd think the kids had something to do with the month they were born.lol).

 
At 6:21 PM , Blogger Middle Child said...

Wonderful Christmas Sling...and a big late Happy Birthday to you. We are the same age except I am in feb....a very good vintage we are also

Lovely to see little ones at Christmas... am hoping that Melissa may be getting close to the sound of the pitter patter of little feet by next Christmas...they are trying and she is ready... it would be lovely.

Thanks for thepictures and the little boy Newt with his bottom lip our ... priceless

 
At 8:25 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Sling - belated Happy Birthday and Merry Christmas! You are the second person I know with a Dec 25 birthday - and the other person is also one of my faves ever!!! How brilliant of the Lord to share His birthday with someone of your caliber!!! Looks and sounds like it was a grand day. Miss you buddy... I"ll be back soon, I hope. Hugs, and Happy New Year!!! (PS - You don't look a day over 25!!)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home