Friday, October 10, 2008

This Cop is My Hero!..

Wait!..Don't change the channel!..You're on the right blog.
I really did say that,and I mean it.

Cook County Sheriff ,Tom Dart,has ordered his deputies to cease evicting tenants from their homes.
With home foreclosures on the rise,many renters are finding themselves evicted through no fault of their own.
They pay their rent,maintain the property,and go about the business of being good citizens,only to come home from work to find their belongings scattered about the front yard because the home went through the whole process of foreclosure,and they were never notified!

Well,Tom has brought this injustice to a screaming halt.
When asked about the contempt of court citation that will very likely be issued against him for his unilateral decision,he replied,..'There have been too many instances in the past where injustice has been done under color of the excuse,'I was just following orders',..and I won't be a part of that!'..

Kudos to you sir,and a sincere tip o' the lid!..

Switching gears...Grinding,actually..

It's Friday Jukebox Video time boys and girls!
I keep this song in my head,in one form or another,for the singular purpose of maintaining my sanity.
..such as it is.
What with the instances of diabetes on the rise,I'll forego my usual saccharin introduction this one time,and just say 'Check this guy out!'...you'll be glad you did.



A blessing on Tom Dart,the people he's defending,and each and every one of your houses..

Labels:

16 Comments:

At 11:06 AM , Blogger billy pilgrim said...

isn't there some sort of landlord tenant act that protects the renters?

wouldn't the bank want to keep tenants to make a few bucks and keep the house from going to seed?

this planet is running amok.

 
At 11:28 AM , Blogger Jan said...

Soothing is what I need today. Very, very nice.

I agree with BP above. Putting paying tenants out to have an empty house sitting there is the height of stupidity.

 
At 12:02 PM , Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

good man... good music.

 
At 12:04 PM , Blogger LostInColor said...

I really enjoyed the song. And the cop is my hero too!

 
At 2:21 PM , Blogger Willym said...

that is one damn fine man - would to god there were a few more with as much common sense and compassion.

 
At 2:26 PM , Blogger Sling said...

Billy P.- I'm sure there is some kind of landlord/tennant protection in place,but in these cases it's technically the landlord(AKA homeowner) that is being evicted,and the tennant just gets to suck hind tit.
Why the banks choose not to keep established renters in place is beyond me.

jan- The main reason I post this type of music here,is so I can have easy access to it when I need it.

Oh!,..if I heard correctly,the judge has denied a request by the DA to issue a contempt order!..Good on him too!

Yellerdawg- I figured Tom deserved a thumbs up!..and doesn't the guitarist look like one damm fine example of the real 'Joe six-pack'?..I love that stuff.

Lost- I was happy to bring you some good news about cops for a change,and some good music in general. :)

 
At 2:29 PM , Blogger Sling said...

willym- Oops!..Didn't see you..

There out there buddy.They just have to be.
Otherwise,what would be the point?

 
At 6:25 PM , Blogger sageweb said...

I like Tom Dart..that is a cool name...any guy that is looking out for the peeps is my hero.

 
At 8:02 PM , Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

Hurrah for Tom Dart!! :)

Also, I LOVE that song...Iwanski and I had it played at our wedding ceremony (I think while I was walking down the aisle--how can I not remember??)...Anyway, did you know that there are actual words to that song??--My friend Buck (I call him Jonathan) taught me to sing it while he played the piano accompaniment (sp?). It's really SUCH a beautiful song. And this guitar version is just wonderful.

Thanks for sharing!! :)

 
At 8:15 PM , Blogger Sling said...

Sage- Anyone that stands up for the little guy,is aces in my book!

Miss HP- It's a beautiful wedding song isn't it!
I'm always kind of partial to instrumental renditions myself,but you can find a stunning vocal version by the Celtic Women here:..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPeVIuRjUi4

 
At 9:36 AM , Blogger Random Thinker said...

A single person can make a big impact. We are not powerless when we stand up for what is right. What a brave man.

 
At 12:19 PM , Blogger Sling said...

Thinker- This is what I'm sayin'.
Tom's mad as hell,and he's not gonna take it anymore!
This might just be contagious.

 
At 2:00 PM , Blogger Middle Child said...

Thats wandi spoke about "Civil disobedience" just not cooperating - how easy would that be for us all. We people do have the power but too often when the brave stand and follow their conscience they turn around and no one is standing with them. Thats why they are so easy to knock down. A brave man...and I have downloaded the music... its lovely

 
At 7:51 PM , Blogger Kimberly Ann said...

Yeah, Tom Dart is a hero, and goodness knows there seems to be a shortage of them these days. Except for you, Sling. A hero for the ages. :-)

 
At 9:54 AM , Blogger Allan said...

I hope he starts a trend.

 
At 7:17 AM , Blogger Lorraine said...

It's guys like that who keep my faith in humanity alive. Right on Sheriff Tom! And I love that hymn.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home