Tuesday, November 04, 2008

I'm so happy I could squirt!..

8:00 PM,..Pacific Standard Time:..

I have read this very day,a quote that I wish I could attribute to it's source.
Sadly,in my haste,I just can't remember where I discovered it.

'The only thing we have to fear,..is hope itself'.

WONDERMOUS!!..In all it's sincerity,and historical implications.

Even still,I wished,and prayed,and dug down deep into my most sober moments of clarity,..to hope against hope.

I truly do not have any naive expectations that life in these United States will be all rainbows and Unicorns after today.
..BUT THIS CHANGES EVERY..SINGLE..FUCKING..THING!..

(Slips into cranky old bastard mode)..
'By god!,..when I was your age,we had to walk 5 miles through the snow to work 27 hours a day and!,..

..Sorry.

Anygiddyasaschoolgirl,..I just couldn't help,but to burst out into spontaneous song.

Follows,my humble offering..
Presented here,in Karaoke format,for your 'Feel free as an arctic wolf in summertime to sing along!'.. shopping convenience.

..You KNOW you want to!..




I am SO PROUD! to be an American!!
..A blessing on all our houses..

Labels:

18 Comments:

At 8:39 PM , Blogger Mom said...

Obama really won! I'm busy doing my happy dance.

 
At 8:43 PM , Blogger Sling said...

mom- He really,truly won doll.
..Life is good in Sling's Domain!

 
At 11:07 PM , Blogger Lorraine said...

Big frakking hugs to you, doll face. Ain't this the bestest night evah?

 
At 11:08 PM , Blogger Lorraine said...

Oh. And also, FUCKIN A!

 
At 12:19 AM , Blogger Middle Child said...

Corngratulations and dubliations!!! Vunderbarr. happy happy happy...


Don't know what else to say : )

 
At 5:11 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woo hoo!!

On the way in to work today, I sudednly realized I wassinging, out loud, "It's a beautiful morning."

 
At 5:47 AM , Blogger Doralong said...

Now the really hard part begins- but for today I'll content myself with simply being happy!

 
At 6:48 AM , Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

75 fucking days bush, 75 fucking days..



Goddess bless us..one and all.

 
At 6:53 AM , Blogger sageweb said...

Yippee!!!

 
At 7:27 AM , Blogger Allan said...

Woot! High Five!

I think Ellen Goodman used the "fear/hope" line in a recent column, but I don't know if she coined it.

 
At 8:36 AM , Blogger rosemary said...

I think it was Roosevelt that originally coined that phrase.....as in FDR in one of his inaugural speeches...But I could be wrong.

 
At 8:43 AM , Blogger austexgrl said...

Roosevelt!..I am still alternating between tearing up and an overabundance of pure joy.Like Michelle O, I am finally, really proud of my country!

 
At 9:39 AM , Blogger LostInColor said...

Oh Happy Day!

 
At 3:34 PM , Blogger booda baby said...

I don't think it gets better than everything you just said. And now? We will.

 
At 4:50 PM , Blogger billy pilgrim said...

excellent song, i just watched it and grinned at old karen the whole time.

 
At 5:52 PM , Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

I read your blog this morning, went for a walk with Iwanski, and found myself in Grant Park (where Obama spoke last night), singing this song.

I'm so happy. :) :)

 
At 9:02 PM , Blogger Traveling Matt said...

bush got the memo... his shit needs to be packed, loaded, and OUT by 1 hour before inauguration. If he isn't ready to go, we have people to toss it out the window and burn it for him. No! Bad Monica! We are in good spirits today.

 
At 11:54 AM , Blogger more cowbell said...

Love your label.

It's a new day ... things feel different now.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home