Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Bag O' Tricks...

I've been having some fun the last couple of days playing with a new toy..
I may very well be the last person in Bloggertown to check out 'Google Earth',but if not,go here and download the free software!

Aside from the usual maps and directions and stuff,it's got tons of cool interactive bells and whistles.

..That's the O-Town Dam in the opening pass..Tallest dam in the United States!
(You might want to mute the sound).



..sorry I couldn't get around to all my Blogpals this trip,but it's hard to navigate,and video at the same time.

Anywhiz,..you can visit Mars,check out the night sky above any location on Earth,and follow the terrain on the ocean floor.

I love that stuff!...

If you're anything like me (and who isn't?) you'll wanna crash into the Eiffel Tower,or bail out over Mount St. Helens using the 'Flight Simulator'.
You can choose between a jet,or a prop-job.

Not much else to report on from O-Town.
I do have an appointment downtown tomorrow that might prove interesting,so I'll keep you posted.

Labels:

18 Comments:

At 10:55 PM , Blogger Mom said...

We play with Google earth a lot. it is great fun to see far away places and check on all our friends.

 
At 4:29 AM , Blogger austexgrl said...

Interesting appointment. Downtown. Hummmmm. Not pregnant are you?

 
At 5:05 AM , Blogger Doralong said...

Job interview or a date??

 
At 6:25 AM , Blogger Random Thinker said...

For a little fun use Google Maps type in the following location.... and go to street level. "8 Sampsonia Way, Pittsburgh PA" Make sure you go to street level and travel down a little ways checking both sides of the street because you never know what you will find. Apparently the residents on Samponia Way knew the Google van was coming and decided to have a little fun with them.

 
At 7:50 AM , Blogger sageweb said...

I Love the Google earth! Oh I think I saw Booda on her roof sun bathing in that shot of Santa Barbera.
You actually had my house on your screen for a few seconds too.

Like Random thinker said there are a lot of cool things to see on google earth. There is a naked sun bather in germany and a house fire somewhere...I think you can google "fun things on google earth" and there will be links.

 
At 8:20 AM , Blogger LostInColor said...

Google Earth is way cool!

 
At 9:38 AM , Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

I aam having so much fun with google earth..life is good..

 
At 9:59 AM , Blogger rosemary said...

Steve loves Google earth....he checks it daily to look at our house...seriously.

 
At 11:12 AM , Blogger Sling said...

SEE!..Everyone knows how much fun this is,and nobody told me!
..fine then.

 
At 12:46 PM , Blogger LostInColor said...

umm ummm. I *think* Sage told you months ago... ya. I think.

 
At 12:57 PM , Blogger Sling said...

Lost- Oh,..I'm sure she did,and I'm sure I just forgot,but I'm having fun basking in my righteous indignation thankyouverymuch..

 
At 1:16 PM , Blogger billy pilgrim said...

somehow sonny has managed to watch this stuff on his big screen tv and it's totally mind blowing.

if i had a big screen tv i'd ask him to hook me up.

 
At 2:02 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will most certainly check this out. That's all I need is another gadget fiddling in my empty head.

Best of blessings on your appt. downtown!

Thanks for the latest tip--I am always the late bloomer on the techy stuff.....

 
At 2:18 PM , Blogger Jan said...

Just when I weaned myself from hours of Google Earth, I now learn new games to play with it.

 
At 6:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The very first meme I did after I joined the blogworld was a Google earth meme: http://alittleoffkilter.blogspot.com/2007/01/google-earth-meme.html

 
At 6:14 AM , Blogger Doralong said...

Oh yeah- don't forget to pop in for a drink when you visit your right coast peeps!

 
At 6:37 AM , Blogger Tate said...

there is a section in google earth where you can see the driver/photographer hit a deer. Better him than me.

 
At 11:22 AM , Blogger Lorraine said...

If I'd known you were comin' I'd a baked a cake!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home