Friday, March 20, 2009

A few things..

Today is the first day of Spring!
I didn't take this picture,but I'm posting it for two reasons.------->

a) It's a delightful little bit o' nature's whimsy,and..

2) It makes me feel Springtime fresh.

I did,however,take this picture on this very Spring morning,while walking along the mighty Feather River,not a heffer's step from the homestead.


..I think it would make a lovely painting.


In addition to the life affirming aspects of the top half of the world renewing it's self yet again,I take no small amount of pleasure from the rare opportunity to use the phrase 'Vernal Equinox'.
..It just sounds all Druidic and stuff. (adds 'Druidic' to list of fun words to say).

As an added bonus!..Young Newt turned seven years old yesterday.
We celebrated with great amounts of yellow cake,and the traditional unveiling of the latest technological advance in weapons of mass destruction.



*****In totally unrelated news!*****

It's Friday Jukebox video time!

In a move as rare as the vernal equinox,I've taken a cautious step into the 21st century with today's musical offering..Something I'm normally loathe to do.
In this case I'm glad I accidentally wandered into this charming little pub,where I became thoroughly enamored of Miss Lisa Hannigan.


'I don't know'

Have a great weekend kids!..

Labels: ,

14 Comments:

At 2:18 PM , Blogger LostInColor said...

LOvely diddy!! I like! And the first picture is great! :) Have a great weekend Sling!

 
At 3:27 PM , Blogger sageweb said...

Oh I love the song..very nice.

 
At 3:27 PM , Blogger Allan said...

A good wander, I'd say.

 
At 5:05 PM , Blogger Middle Child said...

Had to download this clip - its a keeper...she is just lovely and easy on the ear as well...thanks Sling. Also "Happy Birthday" to little Newt - ah seven...the catholics called it "The age of reason" when you made your first confession and took First Communion because they said that before then you really couldn't make informed decisions and have free will in those decisions... don't remember their being much free will about in those days for kids...we just did what we were told...because it beat getting the cane from the nuns.

I hope Newt enjoys his bright new toy...you too.

 
At 5:59 PM , Blogger austexgrl said...

what an absolute delight!!..and Happy birthday to that sweet you man, Newt!

 
At 8:20 PM , Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

Happy Weekend!--Happy Spring!

And Happy Birthday to Newt! :)

 
At 4:49 AM , Blogger Doralong said...

Excellent, I hope Newt has a ball with the new technology- if he can pry it away from dad and uncle Sling.

Spring is rather slow in arriving here, but I hold out hope this crazy weather will be over soon and spring will have finally sprung. It's not officially spring till I see the first bear anyway.

 
At 5:26 AM , Blogger Random Thinker said...

I have refused to wear a coat all week. The sun is shining and we can officially say it's spring.. that's enough for me, even though the morning temps are still n the 30's.

 
At 8:13 AM , Blogger Mom said...

I do like the Feather river painting.
I can see why You are charmed by Lisa. Nice song.

 
At 1:53 PM , Blogger Sling said...

..and don't ya know today is 48 degrees,and raining!..It's like Spring is being a big ol' bastard and teasing me for the fun of it.
Oh well..Lake O-Town has risen about 25 feet in the last couple of months,and that's a good thing.
There's going to be a more proper celebration of Little Newt's birthday next weekend..I know..That seems unusual.But it's one of those joint custody things that are what they are.
Lisa is a cutie..I'll be stalking her on YouTube.

 
At 10:59 AM , Blogger billy pilgrim said...

if i ever find my nubile young gymnast and have another son, i'm gonna name him newt.

 
At 12:31 PM , Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

i have always loved that picture...looks like a goddess trapped in the tree.
belated happy birthday to young newt..I think I have a great book for him for a belated bday present..and one for jackson too.

 
At 4:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now that you mention it, Young Newt has a bit of a Druidic ring to it as well.

 
At 6:43 AM , Blogger Lorraine said...

a) I am so looking for that for my iPod...LOVE IT!

2) You and Irish girls.

3) She totally looks like she could be related to Alyson Hannigan.

4) I don't believe Newt is 7. That's not even remotely possible.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home