Tuesday, March 24, 2009

When I grow up,I wanna be a bureaucrat..

My good friend Bobbi over at 'Experience Works' has been on the job!
I haven't reported too much about the process of getting ensconced in the system,because there is a holy-flyin'-shit-ton of paperwork,and interweb correspondence involved.

Finally,and on this very morning,I took a pleasant twenty minute bike ride over the historic Green Bridge,..



..that crosses the mighty Feather River,..



..and filled out the remaining forms that have secured me a job with the O-Town Housing Authority.
I'll be helping to maintain the buildings and landscapes owned by the county.

Now,..here's the deal.
It's only part-time..18 hours a week.
If you subtract the 9,and carry the 12,you'll decipher that that amounts to 18 more hours than I'm currently working each week.
I'll still be free to seek out something of a more permanent nature,while stretching out those unemployment bennies for a tad longer.
Also,although the job is cast in bronze at this point,I may not start for a week or so.
The above mentioned paper work has to make its way to Bobbi's supervisor for final rubber stamping,and then back down the chain of command.
Once I do start,I'll work six hours beginning at 7:00 AM on Mondays,Tuesdays,and Wednesdays..
I anticipate really enjoying the outside work this time of year.

..They will provide transportation to and from job sites.
All I have to do is pedal my happy ass to work each morning or,in case of inclement weather,..I can always take the bus.



17 Comments:

At 12:29 PM , Blogger sageweb said...

Ha ha love the bus..I think I rode that bus before.

Congrats on the job. IT will be sweet being outside in the upcoming weather.

 
At 1:33 PM , Blogger Jan said...

It's about time busses started posting socially important messages.

The job sounds like one you will enjoy.

 
At 2:49 PM , Blogger Allan said...

I like your math skills! Enjoy the spring!

 
At 4:12 PM , Blogger Random Thinker said...

Aw man, I was counting on your blog to keep me free of std's. Congrats on the job, things are looking up.

 
At 4:29 PM , Blogger austexgrl said...

.........way cool!!

 
At 4:47 PM , Blogger billy pilgrim said...

i've heard that infrastructure is the racket of the future and you got in on the ground floor.

you'll be running the place in no time.

 
At 5:14 PM , Blogger Sling said...

Part of the program is that this particular job isn't really geared to be permanent.
It's more like a 6 month contract.
I do look forward to some networking,and keeping an up-to-date resume going until full-time work comes along..
Bobbie is still sending me leads for full time work as it presents itself.

 
At 6:55 PM , Blogger booda baby said...

I hope people who do bus signage are paying attention.

I really did (or do, depending on one's interest level) have a good idea for cooking up employment. It had to do with taking the multiple talents of the multi-talented 'round the blogosphere and offering animated ads on the interweb. A little animation, a little laser-clever writing, et cetera because if peeps have a marketing budget, they'd be idiots not to spend it on the internet.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

 
At 12:20 AM , Blogger Middle Child said...

Who knows where it could lead to. You have many skills and who knows..one day you might be having an idle chat with someone and ... I hope its good and you like it...it'll get you fit no doubt...not that thats a big deal for those if us born in the 50's...we are fine vintage. The best of luck with all this and i loved the name of the river "The feather" river -

 
At 9:37 AM , Blogger LostInColor said...

sounds perfect!

 
At 12:00 PM , Blogger rosemary said...

Yipee , yipee, yipee.....good for you. ride on ride on ride on

 
At 3:52 PM , Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

wow..a door opened for you..that's terrific. now once your in you can take over and run it the way you'd like..ha
congratulations..and all the best..so happy for you..things are going to start getting better...President Obama said so.
and he wouldn't lie to us now would he?

 
At 5:31 PM , Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

Congrats, Sling!! :)

And I love the bus! *smiles*

 
At 5:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That actually sounds pretty wonderful this time of year!

 
At 1:46 AM , Blogger Willym said...

So glad you found something and it sounds like the perfect job for this time of year.

 
At 1:26 PM , Blogger more cowbell said...

my heartiest congratulations. But that bus thing ... I guess I'll have to protect myself better before clicking over. The bar stools should've been a tip off.

 
At 6:17 PM , Blogger Lorraine said...

Congrats! That sounds like a perfectly Sling-like job. Whadda ya want to bet they are begging you to be full time and running the show inside of 6 months?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home