Thursday, September 24, 2009

Whatever..

Black Cat is strictly an inside cat.
Under no circumstances is he allowed outside,and we have discussed this with him on numerous occasions,so there's no doubt that he understands his restriction.
Still,and on two recent bouts of rebellion,he's zipped out the front door before I even had the chance to say,'Holy crap!..Mom-O is gonna kick my ass for letting you out!'.

Back in the day,I would have snatched him up by his furry ass,slung him back through the front door,..across the foyer,..and gliding somewhat less than gracefully over the kitchen linoleum,all the way back to the laundry room..
Just like my dad taught me not to run blindly into the street.

But,in these politically correct times,I must opt for chasing him down the driveway in my skivvies at 5:00 a.m,coaxing him gently into allowing me to retrieve him,('Such a good kitty-kitty'),and then relegating him to a corner of my bed so he can contemplate his misbehavior during a dutifully enforced 'Time Out'..



..that'll teach 'im.

Labels:

15 Comments:

At 9:22 PM , Blogger Jan said...

So when cats lick their asses, they are really contemplating their misbehavior.

OK, I get it now.

 
At 12:02 AM , Blogger Willym said...

funny that's exactly how I contemplae my mis... oh did I write that out loud?

 
At 4:02 AM , Blogger Random Thinker said...

Bad kitty. Apparently doesn't give a rat's ass...... I mean cat's ass about it either.

 
At 9:10 AM , Blogger booda baby said...

I made it to Master Class of Anthropomorphizing long ago, but I will celebrate BIG the day I can get a cat to look even a little bit sorry.

 
At 10:38 AM , Blogger rosemary said...

See....others would call that butt washing....my mother called it playing the cello....

All of our cats have always been inside cats. Babie and Magic were great escape artists....i had to lure them back in with a slab of lunch meat. Worked every time.

 
At 11:57 AM , Blogger Mom said...

The image of you chasing down the driveway in your skivvies is embedded in my mind. Seems like that would have been a better video than the butt-washing kitty.

 
At 12:28 PM , Blogger billy pilgrim said...

is there a scared straight program for cats?

 
At 1:25 PM , Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

damn he must have the cleanest ass in town...when annie would try to do that she would fall over..after about the 3rd time of flopping over she'd just say fuckit and go to sleep..

 
At 1:42 PM , Blogger secret agent woman said...

Cats, in my expereince, do as they damn well please. Go Black Cat!

 
At 4:05 PM , Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

The one time we let our cats outside in Wisconsin (we decided to do it for fun, to see what they would do), they both freaked out and tried to run under and up a pine tree. Freaked us out! :) Later, our one cat ended up with tapeworms--ewww!!

They haven't been outside since. :)

 
At 5:03 PM , Blogger Sling said...

Black Cat has my morning routine of putting on the coffee,and going out on the porch for a cigarrete down to a science.
He waits in the darkened foyer and runs for it while I'm still a little groggy.
Not to be outsmarted by a cat,I've decided to foil his plan by making my morning egress out my bedroom window.
..that'll teach 'im.

 
At 8:57 PM , Blogger Middle Child said...

Hey Sling can i trade you your black cat for my alien cat from Hades please? Mine can carry metre long snakes into the house just for pleasure - I am sure you would have a use for that.

 
At 9:06 AM , Blogger Lorraine said...

I'm just delighting in the image of you crawling out your bedroom window.

 
At 2:03 PM , Blogger apositivepessimist said...

Yeah that’ll teach him! Teach him how to exit the house when the door isn’t opened. Cats are very tricky yer know Sling, that’s why we don’t have them. Too smart for us.

 
At 9:04 AM , Blogger sageweb said...

haha the black cat sure did learn his lesson..hahah

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home