Tuesday, July 14, 2009

When in Rome..

I've said it many times before,but I think it bears repeating that one of the great joys of blogging is that it shrinks the world to a manageable state.
A state in which geopolitical boundaries fall at the speed of light,and I can converse,share ideas,laugh,and even cry along with my fellow sapiens across the planet as if they were sitting next to me in the comfort of my own home.

I must confess,I tend to take that circumstance a little bit for granted.
This is America after all,and the freedom to do that is never seriously challenged.

But my friends across Bloggertown aren't really sitting next to me,..are they.

In point of actual fact,they are likely worlds away in terms of geography,and subject to differing sets of governmental ideologies than I have grown accustomed to.

I was shaken from my complacence this very morning,when I visited my dear and gentle friend Willym at his blog in Rome,and discovered that the Italian government has set upon a track to severely restrict,if not entirely curtail his freedom to communicate via the internet.

This is unacceptable to me,..and I'm frustrated by my inability to do little more to express my concern than OBJECT to those efforts here,and display this sign of protest by way of showing solidarity with my friends and counterparts in Italy.



'Bloggers Unite!'

Labels:

11 Comments:

At 11:35 AM , Blogger Willym said...

mille grazie caro Sling...

 
At 12:16 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

It ain't right....and it makes me mad. Now what to do about it....

 
At 1:10 PM , Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

what can we do..? i'll go visit sweet willym and see if there is more we can do..

fucking italians..

 
At 2:04 PM , Blogger Sling said...

Willym- You're welcome my friend.
You know if I could come over there and bitch slap me some Italian bureaucrats,I would!

Just Me/Yellerdawg- I visited this site;..
http://www.blogfromitaly.com/sos-help-save-italian-bloggers/comment-page-1/#comment-6823
..and showed my support.

 
At 2:30 PM , Blogger Mom said...

That is just not acceptable! Blogland is a sacred community.

 
At 5:34 PM , Blogger billy pilgrim said...

and these are the guys who got a big piece of chrysler for free. something's rotten in denmark.

 
At 9:36 AM , Blogger sageweb said...

Holy Pope, can you imagine this happening in the US? All of us bloggers would be in jail together.

 
At 5:39 PM , Blogger Middle Child said...

Maybe they are testing the waters for all the other governments around the world...if this goes through with little noise.....OUr PM is a seat shining boffin when he isn't traipsing aroubnf the world sticking his ugly head in any photo opportunity he can...I could just see him salivating about doing something like this...and he's just been to Rome as well...HMMM

 
At 6:55 PM , Blogger Random Thinker said...

Surprising to hear about this in a modern nation like Italy.

 
At 11:44 PM , Blogger Lorraine said...

(copies picture and runs off to do some complainin')

 
At 7:07 PM , Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

Bloggers unite, indeed!!

That SUCKS for Willym--and all Italians!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home